16 | travelling

1 6

T R A V E L L I N G

"Wake up, sleepyheads." I heard someone shouting. I opened my eyes slowly and noticed that I was cuddled up next to Luke. His arms around me as my head was on his chest, pretty comfortable there, and his head on top of mine. Luke looked cute when he was sleeping with all his light snoring that nearly sound like a cat purring often. I looked at the person who spoke and suddenly felt embarrassed. Trish looked at us, observantly, and gleaming with a sense of pride at her son. I untangled myself from Luke and silently wished Trish a good morning. Nudging Luke, I woke him up and goddamn wasn't his voice simply beautiful in the morning.

"Oh! Good morning, Ellie." He wished. His morning voice was husky and sharp and simply everything that could rhyme with sexy.

"Good morning Luke." My head shifted a bit to the side and smiled at him as his face put on a gorgeous smile. He stood up and went to the washroom to rinse and refresh himself.

I walked to the kitchen (yup, not a kitchenette) and offered a hand in making breakfast which she, Trish kindly refused. Nevertheless, I sat on a chair at the breakfast table and talked to her.

"I heard you collect artifacts. That is seriously so cool. Historical and savvy." I put out a random topic that could continue a conversations.

"Yeah! It gets my mind away from stuffs. Plus, it's interesting and fun. To me, the best part of this has to be the perks of traveling and getting to know new cultures." She said as she made more pancakes.

"Traveling had me always at the edge of my bed?"

"That's great to know. Well," She edged closer to me, leaving the pancakes (after it was obviously made) and sat opposite to me. "What do you think of my son?"

"Uh. Mm. What do you mean, Trish?" I stammered at her sudden question. It was true though. Her question felt like those kind of questions parents asked when they heard their child was dating someone.

"I mean what I said." Trish said smilingly. "Do you feel anything for my son?"

"I do care for him deeply." With that one sentence, her face lightened up like Christmas lights. Lively and bright.

"Well then, just don't break his heart." She spoke in that caring motherly voice of hers filled with love. "He's been through a lot and I don't think he can suffer another crack." I smiled at her and nodded my head.

I had read once that it was always difficult to deal and handle a broken heart for so careful should one be so that they too in turn wouldn't wound themselves. But eventually, in our case, what could be the biggest damage two broken yet repairing hearts do to each other.

Before I could reply to Trish's very kind yet slightly threatening words, Luke walked out of his room, all trimmed and perfect. He took a seat next to me and started demanding for his breakfast which reminded me of a five yer old kid whining for dimly a delicious breakfast.

"So when are you guys leaving for Greece?" Trish asked us as she served Luke and I our pancakes.

"Seven hours from now." Luke answered and Trish nodded. His reply widened my eyes, unknowingly and without thinking, I blurted out, "What the hell?" Trish gave me a questioning look and Luke grinned. I continued as soon as I apologized, "Sorry. We are leaving me for the airport seven hours from now?"

"Yeah." He shrugged and rubbed the backside of his head. Trish smiled and walked back into her room, giving us our privacy to talk things out.

"What the fvck were you thinking of booking a flight without my consent or the least, you could do was ask me?" I hit him on his head, making sure I wasn't too hard on him.