27 | resurrecting

2 7

R E S U R R E C T I N G

Three weeks had passed by quite wonderfully. Dr. Falcon treated me like his own family while I was at the clinic. His reason, in fact, did amuse while he teased me with Luke. He told me that he did all the caring only because he knew I was secretly the Wicked Witch of the West and that I had stoked his nephew's hearts.

Mum and Dad literally stayed at the hospital and exhaustion was written all over their faces. It was in moments like these I wished it was all over, that everything came to an end. At least mum and dad would live their lives and maybe, I wouldn't have been such a burden on them; a constant cause for worry. Nevertheless, mum and dad made me feel loved as they brought monopoly and what not into the clinic to play with me.

And Ella. God, that woman is a gem in my life. She stood by me then and stands by me this day and I could not imagine being more grateful to a human than her. She and Trent would come every day and often bring me all these great foods. Best friend goals, you have there, ladies and gentlemen.

Victoria seemed down and she wouldn't open up about it to met yet. However, she did try faking a smile only to cheer me up and boy, did she think she could fool her friend? Victoria came down to the hospital and when we seldom got bored with our conversations, she would randomly scream Stone-Paper-Scissors at me. Her craziness, I swear, is gold.

Luke Fletcher reminded me that he was there for me, every single day. He reminded me that he would be there for me no matter what. He spoke sweet nothings into my ear as I slowly fell for him deeper and harder with every passing minute. He was my platinum; my purpose, for now.

However, as emotionally strong these people made me, I couldn't lie and tell I felt physically stronger. Depressingly, I still felt weak, like I was clinging onto something before I let go and was done for. Yet, these small yet precious moments sustained me, and that was all I needed for now.

I gazed out of the window and I smiled unknowingly. I had happiness. I had it all this while. The sun shone so brightly that it made me shrink my eyes to look out the window. My attention was quickly taken to the knocking at my door and I took few minutes to sit properly on the hospital bed.

"Come in," I called out to whoever it was at the door.

The door slightly opened and Victoria stuck her head in and gave me a goofy grin. "Hi," she squealed. I smiled, shaking my head and gestured her to come in.

"I got Oreo for you," Victoria wiggled her eyebrows at me as she placed Oreo biscuits next to me. She made herself comfortable on the seat next to me and took the first Oreo from the plate. I laughed and took one from the plate too.

"How are you doing, Elle?" Victoria asked, with a genuinely concerned expression on her face.

"Good, I guess?" I mumbled as I took another Oreo.

"That's nice," Victoria mumbled.

I looked at Victoria intently for a minute, before I broke the silence and asked her the one question that kept pricking me the entire week.

"What's wrong?"

"What?" Victoria's head whipped to face me and her eyes looked as sharp as a hawk's.