05 | meeting

0 5

M E E T I N G

Ella Torrey.

The girl that could make all the boys go oomph down on the ground. The innocent one who was extremely loyal to her boyfriend. The sophisticated one when it came to shopping and the trustworthy one when it came to being to the matter of her friend.

Ella Torrey was not on top of the ladder of social politics like me when I was at school yet she managed to make the boys drool at the sight of her. She was the only one who stayed beside me when I went through disappointed period of having a cancer. She was the one who was there for me when I was going through chemotherapy treatments.

Victoria, Chloe, Ella and I. We called ourselves The Four Musketeers. The four that would remain together forever unlike each of Victoria's flings. People awed us for our status, for our popularity and for our charms. But then those days went past quicker than the time I require to spread Nutella over bread.

It was Ella all along who remained as the true friend. What happened to me was usually compared by myself to Hunger Games and Ella was proven worthy of them all.

And it was Ella who was very persistent.

I woke up the next day. Pretending like I was in the movies, I stretched my hand to its maximum till I felt a pang of pain in my arms. Problems of doing exercises while having osteosarcoma. I rushed to my washroom and tried ceasing the pain through cold water. It slightly worked.

I wore a sweatpants and a tee and walked slowly down the stairs to my mum who I believed was in her room. I did not want another death pang in my knee today. Or any other day. I entered mum's room and she was on the computer.

"Mum. I'm going to make myself some wa-" My phone chirped. She looked at me and laughed. She found my phone's chirping bird sound incredibly funny. I pulled out my phone from the pockets of my sweatpants.

Ella: Meet me at Costa Coffee. Now. Emergency. I have to tell you something. Bring your ass here right now. I'm waiting. It's been two weeks since we talked.

"On the contrary, mum. I think I'll get myself some coffee from Costa Coffee." I spoke quick in a pirate accent as I looked up to her and my mum laughed. It's kinda gorgeous seeing mum laugh. It was getting rarer and rarer, seeing her smile. Thanks to me that is. All because of my cancer.

I ran out of the house and got into my car and drove to Costa Coffee. I reached there within five minutes and I could see Ella waiting there for me already. I walked into the Café and sat in front of Ella.

"Now what was so important that you made me walk out of the house in sweatpants?" I said as I glanced at my sweatpants.

"Ew. Firstly as much as I love you and as much as you love sweatpants, that audacity of yours to enter Costa Coffee in that." She glanced at me with a disappointed look on her face. I laughed. "And secondly, what the hell, Elle. I thought we were friends. You didn't call me for the last two weeks. Not even a text." She then faked sorrow by placing her hand on her chest to indicate how I hurt her heart. I shook my head at her failed hand in acting.

"I'm sorry. Been a bit busy these days." I thought of Luke instantly. "And how's everything going in your university? How's Victoria and Mia?" Coincidentally, most of Riverton High's students joined New York University. I shrugged feeling awkward. I had decided to not go to university and see if my pain mad attempts of ceasing.

"Bitch! You still waste time bothering about them. They're psychotic. A waste of a life. Everything's going well. Just that, day by day, gossips are just getting spicier." She gave me a lopsided grin.