09 | persuading

0 9

P E R S U A D I N G

"So how are you going to come with me to Greece?" Luke asked as he talked to me through the phone.

"Yeah. I have to try and prevail upon my parents, as much as possible, to let me go. I have kept a promise and I'm not taking a step back with the foot I've placed forward." I spoke sternly.

"Thank you." I could really sense that hew was extremely grateful to me. The way his words instantly lit up with happiness, when he was sure I was not going to leave him halfway, made me smile. "What about you?"

"I have to ask my mother. I do not think it's going to be a burden asking her. She's going to allow me either way." He said coolly.

"Why would she do that?"

"Because I'm Luke Fletcher." He coughed in a sophisticated way to grab my interest. We soon, laughed. We laughed so much that our eyes nearly started watering.

"Luke, what if my mum says no?" I asked quite scared. And I truly was. I wanted to go to Greece. I wanted to spend a major time of my life with Luke . I had to persuade my mother as much as possible to let me go lest I stay in New York itself.

"She won't. Stop thinking so pessimistically. Even if she did say a no, then we run away. I'm going to take you to Greece, Amor."

"Stop joking, Luke." I laughed at his lame joke as I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not joking." He said grimly. "When I tell you that I'm going to get you with me all the way to Greece, I do not lie. Either by throwing stones at your window or talking to your parents, I'll get you out of this continent itself." I laughed. I felt glad that he cared about me and my presence.

"So we are leaving no matter what?" I asked.

"Yeah. Wait. Mum's come back home after that trip of hers. I'll ask." He replied. He didn't disconnect the line. I felt that he kept his phone with him in his hand as I could here all the sounds.

"Mum?" I heard him speak.

"Yeah, Luke?"

"Can I go to Greece?"

"What?" I heard a sound of something crashing. She probably might have dropped the pan she probably had in her hand.

"Yeah, mum?"

"Lucas Fletcher! Do you have any idea that Greece is not your next door neighbour?" I laughed under my breath.

"Mum, please?" He begged.

"Why would you even want to go to Greece? Why, Lucas?"

"Mum. I have to find Scott." There was a brief silence followed after that line.

"Scott? Cathy's boyfriend? Why?" She asked worried.

"Nothing's wrong, mum. Cathy had wished to give him something but things took a turn. Don't you think we should do what Cathy wanted to do lastly but she couldn't?" I heard his mum sigh.

"Okay, Luke. Are you going alone?"

"No. Ellie's coming." My heart fluttered when I heard that rare nickname once again.

"Danielle? She's a good girl. Alright, Luke. You can go." I could literally hear him smirking.

"Thank you, mum." And then I heard sounds of hustle and cracks. I realised he was hugging his mum. I smiled at the thought of him being the mummy's little boy. I smirked.