6

Chapter 6: Familiar Faces

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

I woke up to the feeling of raindrops lightly hitting my face. Opening my eyes I couldn't see a thing, my vision was blurred as I looked through the darkness seeing only blobs of blacks and greys.

Slowly stumbling to my feet I stretched my arms out grabbing onto whatever was closest to me. Running my hands along the object I realized it was a tree. Leaning on it for support I walk around and feel around for another tree hopefully.

Slowly I made my way through what I guessed to be a forested area. I made sure I wasn't going to trip over anything in advance by waving one foot around until I grabbed what seemed to be a long stick. Waving it around I hit it against other trees and along the ground making sure it prevented me from tripping over any bushes or large fallen trees.

I had hoped the blindness was a temporary thing as I made my way through the woods. I came to an area that had no trees. Lightly dragging the stick against the ground it sounded like dirt. Possibly a dirt road!

I started tapping the stick against the ground making sure I stayed on what I hoped to be a road. As I slowly made my way to wherever it led I began to hear a soft rumble from in front of me. Pressing forward it got louder to the point I could tell it was hooves hitting the ground. Orange orbs of light came into view as I continued to move forward.

Then suddenly the blindness subsided into view that seemed unreal. There in the middle of the road stood a large group of men and women in green cloaks. In front I saw two very familiar faces, faces I had only read in books and dreamed of meeting. "Tch, brat get out of the road!" the raven-haired man snapped.

And just like that, I fell to the ground, fading into darkness. My mind flooded with memories and thoughts of family and friends wondering if I was just dreaming all of this. I dreamt of the days where I was happy with my mother and father living in the old house with no worries or regrets.

~Levi~

Great. Letting out an annoyed sigh I climb down from my horse, cautiously stepping towards the girl I look down finding she had passed out. Rolling my eyes I kneel down and push her shoulder causing her to lay flat on her back.

My eyes focused on a necklace sliding out of her shirt. But it was no ordinary necklace, it was the expect same key Eren had. But how in the hell did she of all people have it? Turning back to the group of people I looked at Eren. "Eren, come here," I call. Turning my head back down to the girl I took in the full view, her clothes were ripped and she was dirty. Disgusting. Noticing her attire it didn't look normal, she wore a t-shirt with a skull on it with roses coming out of it and two guns. Moving the fabric with my fingers I read the shirt. Guns N' Roses. What is Guns N' Roses?

"Yes, sir?" Eren asks cutting my thoughts off. Looking up at him I pointed at the necklace dangling from the girl's neck.

"Isn't that your key?" I ask.

Eren's eyes focused on it before his eyes widened. "Yeah, that's the one.... But how does she have it?" he asks.

"That's what I'd like to know... did your father know her or something?" I ask. Eren too kneeled down in front of the girl and carefully lifted the key into his hand.

"Not that I know of, my dad was pretty secretive when it came to the basement... but it may be possible that this girl would know him." Eren answers.

Letting out a sigh I swat Eren's hand away. "Go back to your horse now, I'll deal with her," I tell him. Slipping both hands under the girl I lift her into my arms. Quickly I carry the girl back over to my horse. Setting her on top of the horse first I held her in place making sure she wouldn't fall as I slowly climbed back up the horse. Swinging my foot to the other side I slip my foot into the stirrup.

Letting the girl lean back I grab hold of the reins and lightly snap them causing the horse to move forward. This brat has a lot of explaining to do.

~Time Skip~

Entering the headquarters with the girl in my arms I turn the corner making my way to the infirmary. Following behind me was Eren and Armin trying to think of different theories as to why this girl would have the key.

The doors opened to the infirmary as we entered. I walk up to the closet free bed and lay the girl gently on the bed. Pulling up a chair I sat there with crossed arms, looking up at the boys I gave them a cold stare. "You both are dismissed, go and make up theories elsewhere for now," I order. Both bid me farewell and leave quickly.

Finally, there was a peaceful silence, leaning forward with arms still crossed I found that there was hair all in the girl's face. Taking my right hand with my pointer finger I lightly sweep the strands of hair from her face.

Leaning back I sat there patiently waiting for her to wake up. So many questions flooded my mind as to what this girl was doing in the middle of the night on the road, and with a stick. Is she blind? Was she using the stick to help guide her? Now in better lighting, I could see her clothes better. It looked as if it were from another time, like the future.

Suddenly the doors opened again, turning my head I see Commander Erwin walking in. "Is this the girl?" he asks.

"Obviously," I answer in a dull tone.

Standing beside me he looked down at the girl finding the necklace. His expression turned confused after seeing it and looked to me. "You said she fainted in the middle of the road?" he asks.

Nodding I turn to look at the girl again. "She was walking with a stick down the road then fainted," I answer.

"I see... I'll hold off on the paperwork, for now, stay with her until she wakes up, and when she does inform me immediately, I have some questions for her." Erwin says.

"Fine," I answer, running my fingers through my hands I let out a tired sigh, I'd rather be doing paperwork than doing nothing but watching some girl, but I'll enjoy the little break for now at least.

═════ 🌙 ═════