[Chapter 14] The Leader, The Pretty, and The Joker

"Ahhhh!"

They were at the living room discussing when Sana screamed. The members' heads turned to Sana.

Sana freaked out when Dahyun showed her her bruise. "What happened, Dahyun-ah? Why didn't you tell unnie you had a bruise?"

Dahyun furrowed her eyebrows. "Um..."

"What?" Jihyo asked. "Dahyun got a bruise?"

Momo peeked over Sana's shoulder to take a look at Dahyun's bruise. "Yep." Momo confirmed. "She has a bruise."

Jihyo kneeled beside Sana. "Does it hurt?" She added, "God, that's a big bruise."

Sana glared at Jihyo. "Not helping." She turned to Dahyun. "How did this happen?"

"I fell." Dahyun simply answered.

"What?"

"I fell." Dahyun repeated.

"She fell." Chaeyoung and Tzuyu repeated.

Sana closed her eyes from frustration. "I know you fell, but why did you fall?"

"Uh," Dahyun bit her lip. "We were supposed to make cookies for you when I reached for the batter and I fell. The cookie batter also fell with me so I was covered with batter and we did not make cookies anymore."

"You reached for the batter and you fell?" Jihyo asked. "Where did you even make the cookies?"

"The kitchen, duh." Sana rolled her eyes.

Jihyo punched her shoulder.

Dahyun shrugged. "We were preparing on the kitchen island---"

"You mean you fell from the kitchen island?!?" Sana's jaw dropped.

"Um, yes?"

"That's such a high place, Dahyun-ah!" Sana examined Dahyun's arms and legs. "You could have broken some bones from the fall!"

"Does anything hurt other than the bruise?" Jihyo asked.

Dahyun shook her head.

Sana sighed. "Good. We'll just put an ice pack there, alright?"

For the first time within their talk, Dahyun looked scared. "W-what? It would hurt, unnie!"

"It wouldn't Dahyun-ah." Sana assured. "Ice won't hurt."

Dahyun pouted as Sana got up to get an ice pack from the refrigerator.

Meanwhile, Jeongyeon was trying to cheer Nayeon---who has just woken up from her nap---up with very corny dad jokes.

"Why is 'S' the letter on Superman's costume?" Jeongyeon said.

Nayeon ignored her and just continued watching the k-drama on the television.

"Because there's no medium." Jeongyeon laughed histerically. When she realized everybody was staring at her weirdly, she pouted. "Oh, c'mon, that was a good one!"

"Seriously?" Mina asked. "I'm telling you, Chaeyoung's jokes are better than yours."

Chaeyoung turned her head at Mina at the mention if her name.

Jeongyeon pouted some more. "You're no fun."

Nayeon finally lifted her head up and looked at Jeongyeon. "You could do better."

"I'm just trying to lighten up the mood since it's so moody. The fact that everyone is still making earlier's events a problem doesn't even help---"