[Chapter 35] Maturing

The van drove by JYP parked outside TWICE's dorm as quietly as possible, trying his very best to not get any attention from the neighborhood. The van was put on a stop, and the door automatically opened. The nine girls stepped out, three of them carried on the arms.

The maknaes just woke up from a nap, due to the slow traffic. The older girls just let the three sleep for a while, they need it for their next photoshoot.

All of them entered the dorm, the girls' van parked outside, the other van for the guards behind it.

As they enter the dorm, Jihyo, Sana, and Mina, who were the ones carrying the maknaes, put them down on the sofa to chill before sitting down with Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, and JYP around the dining table.

"Are they awake yet?" JYP asked, "Their photoshoot would start by 3PM later, less than two hours."

Momo stood up from her chair and opened the kitchem cabinet, taking out a two large bags of chips and putting them above the table before sitting back down. She grabbed one bag and opened it, popping Cheetos to her mouth.

Sana grabbed the other while staring at Momo. "I really wonder how you could eat all that much without being fat." She ripped open the bag of Dorritos, took a handful, before placing the bag back at the center of the table.

Momo gave her shoulders a little shrug, still chewing on Cheetos. "Lucky, I guess."

Jeongyeon snorted. "I hope that Heechul would have enough stock of food—"

Nayeon and Jihyo smacked their hands on Jeongyeon's mouth to stop her. The latter's eyes widened in realization. Momo felt a lump on her throat as she looked at Jeongyeon with loath. Sana and Mina were just looking down, waiting for what could happen next.

The CEO at the head of the table laced his fingers together as he sat forward, looking at the girls before her individually. "So," he had that unreadable expression that was so, well, unreadable.

He turned to Momo, making the girl shake. "PD-nim..." She was under her breath, "I..."

JYP motioned Nayeon and Jihyo to release Jeongyeon with a look before turning again to Momo with a questioning look. "Yes, Momo?"

Momo frowned, dipping her head low. "I..." But the words caught in her throat, unable to be released.

With a small smile, JYP said, "Are you wishing to say that you and Heechul are a thing now?"

Momo and the others suddenly looked at him in surprise. "Y-you knew?" Momo gasped, her face quite red. "H-how...?"

JYP laughed weakly. "It wouldn't take a genius to know that you two are together." He said, "I've always noticed how Heechul cares for you."

Momo's face flushed, but she sighed in relief. She opened her mouth to respond but was cut when a loud noise of something bumping came from the living room, followed by a cry that couldn't be mistaken as the maknae's.

Jihyo left the table and rushed to Tzuyu's aid. The others followed and saw Jihyo hugging a crying Tzuyu on the floor, carresing the back of the kid's head.

Chaeyoung was also up, standing beside Jihyo and Tzuyu, looking all concerned. The youngest's cries also awoke Dahyun from the sofa. The pale girl, still half-asleep, walked over to see what was happening.

Jihyo whispered comfort words on Tzuyu's ear as she sob on the leader's shoulder. Jihyo looked up at the other unnies and mouthed, "Bumped her head on the floor."

Chaeyoung understood Jihyo, too, because she suddenly broke into a run to the kitchen, and came back a second after with an ice pack on her hand. She handed the ice pack to Jihyo who took it gratefuly.