[Chapter 13] Bruise

TWICE met JYP on the entrance and rode the van back to the dorm.

"What happened up there?" The PD asked, once everybody was sitting comfortably.

"It was terrible." Jihyo answered shakily, remembering how YG shouted at Jisoo and Jennie. "The time we came out if the elevator, we can hear YG shout at Jisoo and Jennie. I get that he's really hot-headed and easily-tempered, but the way he's treating his talents is just... cruel."

JYP's eyes turned stormy but he just shook his head.

The van headed back to TWICE's dorm quietly.

-----------------

Meanwhile, at the dorm, Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu, together with their ITZY-unnies, made a HUGE mess on the kitchen. They were supposed to make macaroons for TWICE but what happened was a disaster.

Flashback

After a slow and unorganized debating, they finally decided that they will bake macaroons for TWICE. Yeji and Ryujin were incharge for the over-all baking, Lia, Yuna, and Chaeryoung over the preparing and decorating, with the children helping them.

It was actually a good start---they prepared everything in order, had a plan formed---but Dahyun's accident made the whole cooking process chaotic.

"Unnies!" Dahyun called, "Unnies, I finished the stirring already!"

"Okay, Dahyunie, good job!" Yeji complimented.

"What should I do next, unnie?"

"Just stay with Chaeng and Chewy for a moment, okay, we'll call you when we need your help." Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were not permitted to help because the elders thought they were still to young.

But it seems like Dahyun didn't hear this.

Instead of sitting over where the other kids were, the little rascal stood on her chair, supposedly to reach for her spatula, when she lost her balance and fell over the macaroon batter and to the floor.

Not only that, but the halfway-through macaroons that were just sitting on the tray were crushed and flatten by Dahyun, making her a macaroon mess: her shirt ruined, her hair covered with sticky batter. The rest of the batter was spilled on the floor.

Chaeryoung, being the nearest to Dahyun, lunged over in instinct and immediately picked the little girl from the floor, who just started crying from falling hard to the floor.

"Oh no, Dahyun, don't cry..." She carried Dahyun and rubbed her back.

The other ITZY members were still shocked from what happened.

Yuna rushed also to Dahyun and got her from Chaeyoung. "I'll take care of Dahyun, guys. You probably should clean these up." She gesture to the whole kitchen.

Ryujin sighed from exhaustion, then grabbed the cleaning rug and started wiping the floor.

The others followe her and cleaned too.

Yuna walked to the other kids and sat down, Dahyun still crying on her arms.

"I heard the noise, Yuna-unnie." Chaeyoung asked. "What happened?"

"Why is Dahyunie crying?" Tzuyu wondered.

"We were making macaroons, when Dahyunie here accidentally lost balance and fell on top of the mixture, so it spilled on the floor. Dahyun fell and got hurt too." Yuna explained.

"I'm s-sorry, unnie." Dahyun sobbed. "I should have l-listen to you and j-just sat here with t-them. I was n-naughty, that's why I r-ruined the sweets w-we are s-supposed to give Sana-unnie and the o-others."

"Don't worry, Dahyun, we can fix this. Next time, listen to us, alright?"

Dahyun nodded.

Yuna put her down and stood up. "I'll leave you guys here, I'll just help the other clean up, 'kay?"

"Yes, unnie." The three kids said together.

And now, ITZY is panicking because the macaroon mixture is too hard to clean and they predict that TWICE will come back soon. They just finished wiping and mopping, but the loads of dishes and utensils were at the sink, waiting to be washed.

"Chaeryoung-ah, Ryujin-ah," Lia instructed, "help me with the dishes." She turned to Yeji and Yuna. "You two should probably watch the kids."

Chaeryoung and Ryujin came to help Lia do the dishes.

Yeji and Yuna approached the children and sat with them.

Chaeryoung and Tzuyu were both reading a Frozen board book while Dahyun was just sitting with her back resting on the sofa, her hands on her waist where she fell awhile ago.

"Dahyunie, does it still hurt?" Yuna asked.

Dahyun nodded. "It's very ouchy, unnie."

"Can we see? Can we see where the ouchy is?"

Dahyun walked to Yuna, limping. "Just don't poke it, unnie, it hurts."

Yuna nodded, then raised Dahyun's shirt at the side where it hurts.

And they were surprised to see a purple bruise on Dahyun's white skin.

Yeji gasped. She had no idea that the fall could make such a large bruise. "Oh, gosh."

Dahyun peeked and once she saw the bruise, her eyes started to water. "Unnie..."

Yuna immediately pulled Dahyun's shirt back down and pulled her into a loose hug. "Don't cry, Dahyun, the ouchy would be gone after a day."

"But it's a reallg big ouchy, unnie." Dahyun sobbed. "And Sana-unnie would worry where I got that."

"Don't worry about that, Dahyun-ah, we'll just explain the accident to them." Yeji said.

Dahyun wiped her tears with the back of her hand and went to Chaeyoung and Tzuyu but did not read.

Yeji and Yuna just observed them for a few minutes.

"She seems so scared about the bruise, hm." Yuna said, breaking their silence.

"Uh-huh." Yeji agreed. "But I think she's more scared of Sana-unnie knowing about it. Why is that?"

Yuna shrugged. She stood up and went iver to the kids. "Do you want me to read you a story?"

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu clapped their hands. "Yes, unnie!"

Dahyun just nodded a bit, the frown on her face still painted.

"What story do you want me to tell you, Dahyun-ah?" Yuna pointedly asked at Dahyun.

Yeji raised her eyebrows at Yuna.

Dahyun blinked at Yuna for asking her. "I don't know, unnie." She quietly answered.

"I'll just read you Aladdin, should I?"

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu nodded excitedly. "Say no more, unnie! Start the story!"

"Okay." Yuna stated, opening the Aladdin book. "There was a thief named Aladdin, and his monkey Abu..."

She read the story and was actually melted into reading Yuna didn't notice the children had fallen asleep already.

"...the end." Yuna finished.

"Looks like you're a boring reader, Yuna." Yeji whispered to not wake the kids up. "They slept halfway through the story."

Yuna rolled her eyes. "Actually, Yeji-unnie, I was a really good reader that they find my voice so soothing they slept."

Yeji laughed, got on her feet, and walked to the kitchen to dry the dishes.

Yuna took one last look at the peacefully sleeping children at the sofa and followed Yeji.