[Chapter 38] Chaeyoung

HERE YA GO!

"Chaeyoung, wake up!"

Chaeyoung opened her eyes to Dahyun shaking her shoulders, looking concerned. "Finally!" The little pale girl said, exhaling.

Tzuyu walked up to them with her arms crossed as Chaeyoung sat up and rubbed her eyes. "We were trying to wake you up ages ago, but when you wouldn't, I got bored and just tried to figure out where we are." The youngest said, putting her hands to her side.

Chaeyoung stood up and looked around, just noticing that they weren't in the studio with the unnies; instead, they were in a narrow and deserted alleyway, carts, crates, and boxes piled up on the walls. "Where are we? Why are we here?"

"According to Tzuyu," Dahyun huffed, sneaking a look at Tzuyu for a second, "we're in an abandoned alley in between a small convenience store and a doughnut shop. And to answer your second question, Chaeng, we also don't know how we are here."

Chaeyoung scratched her head helplessly. She looked around one more time, hoping to find something that can help them-maybe a map or something, but instead, her eyes spotted a dark green denim jacket thrown carelessly beside some crates.

She stood up and walked towards it, feeling something she never felt before. The denim jacket looked odd but also familiar, like she'd seen them before.

"Where are you going?" She heard Tzuyu ask behind her.

Chaeyoung picked the jacket using one hand while brushing dirt off it using the other. It had a few scratches, stains, and rips, making it look like the person who wore that was attacked.

She heard footsteps from behind and turned to see Dahyun and Tzuyu looking at her weirdly, a decent distance away from her taken. "What the hell is that?" Dahyun said, frowning at the jacket.

"A jacket." Chaeyoung shrugged, still eyeing the jacket. "I dunno, it just looks so familiar to me."

"We took a lot of pictures today, Chae, and we had millions of outfits worn." Dahyun snorted. "Maybe it just reminded you of something you wore at the studios."

Chaeyoung looked unvonvinced. "Maybe, but... I don't know." She walked towards the two with her hand stretched, holding out the jacket. Dahyun and Tzuyu backed away from her instantly.

"Ew!" Tzuyu scrunched her nose in disgust. "Get that thing away from me, it's disgusting!"

Chaeyoung eyed her judgingly before rolling her eyes. "Fine." She turned away again and dropped the jacket back at it's original place.

As sudden as Dahyun and Tzuyu backed away from Chaeyoung, the temperature suddenly dropped and the world turned a misty gray. The trio huddled together in fear as the wind blew noisily, the world turning eerie silent.

"Wh-what was that?" Tzuyu said, trembling.

"I don't know." Dahyun gulped, pulling Tzuyu closer to her. "Let's get out of here."

They slowly started walking towards the mouth of the alley when Chaeyoung gasped, a bit behind Dahyun and Tzuyu. The other two turned to her in surprise.

"Where is it?" Chaeyoung looked around the crates and boxes, searching madly. "Where did it go?"

"What?"

"The jacket, it was just here a second ago!" Chaeyoung said exhasperately, looking inside a box.

"Oh, come on, Chaeyoung-ah, what's so important with that jacket?" Tzuyu asked, her brows creased. "Is it more important than getting out of here?"