[Chapter 46] A Very Gucci Christmas

The big beach house in Jeju Island, which was usually empty and quiet, was now so lively and bright, English Christmas songs and carols soft from the speakers, talking and bright laughter coming from the nine girls who were supposedly preparing for the feast at night and decorating, but instead were on the floor, laughing as they played mafia for the seventh time already.

"DAHYUN-AH!" Sana exclaimed, standing up with her hands on her waist and looking at Dahyun with disbelief. "Dahyun, IT WAS YOU?!?"

Dahyun pursed her lips before trying to look innocent, but she nodded at the end, "Yes."

Sana's shoulders drooped as she fell to the floor, pretending to faint while crying. "DAHYUNAAAAAAAAAHHH..." she cried, pouting so much. "I trusted you, my baby, I thought you won't let me down, but you FAILED me?"

Dahyun just stared at her skeptically while the other girls laughed softly. "Umm... sorry?" And she walked to Sana and hugged her tight. "I'm sorry for being the mafia unnie, I won't do it again."

Sana laughed while Dahyun hugged her. Dubu's just too cute, saying sorry for something obviously not to be sorry for? She's ADORABLE.

"It's okay, Dahyunie," Sana said, now smiling as she pulled away from Dahyun and kissed her cheek. "but if you become doctor, make sure to save me okay?"

"YAH!" The other girls yelled at her but Dahyun just nodded and hugged Sana again before going back to her place in between Chaeng and Tzu.

"Anyways, people of South Korea," Jihyo said, preparing to stand up. "I think that's enough mafia for today--"

Everybody groaned and started to protest.

"--because it's nearly 5PM and we still haven't made dinner and food for the party." Jihyo finished, and the others just frowned at her. "Don't make me make you all work or you won't be getting your gifts and extra allowance from me."

Those probably were the magic words, since all of them, even the toddler maknaes, immediately stood up and went to their stations to work on decorations and food. Jihyo grinned triumphantly as everybody worked on their own before she went to help Nayeon and Jeongyeon on preparing the food.

In no time, the whole house was decorated beautifully with Christmas lights and flowers, little dangling Santas everywhere, and the huge, main Christmas tree standing high up with gifts below that were just waiting to be opened.

At last, it was dinner time, and yummy food was served all over the long table. The girls sat down on both sides of the table, Jihyo at the head.

Tzuyu was about to stab a piece of roasted chicken when Jihyo raised a hand to stop her. "Wait."

All eyes looked at her.

"It's just..." Jihyo sighed happily before grinning widely at each of them. "This is our first Christmas together, and I just want to make this the most memorable Christmas for all of us."

The others nodded. "Let's do nothing but make great and happy memories this night, understood?" Nayeon finished for Jihyo.

"Yes, unnie!" All the other girls chorused as one, before laughing.

Jihyo stood up and poured some wine on her glass and raised it up, the others following her suit. "A toast for the happiest Christmas and New Year!"

"CHEERS!" Everybody said happily, bumping their glasses with each other's, the maknaes glasses filled with juice or milk tea.

"Merry Christmas, let's eat!"

And everybody cheered happily before getting food to their plate, all starting to eat and talk with nothing but love for each other in their hearts.