[Chapter 6] Ice Cream

After disguising the maknaes a bit, they were ready to go.

"Just remember," Jihyo said, "if anybody asks who they are, just say 'some kids we borrowed for a moment', geddit?"

"Yes." The others chorused.

Jihyo crouched down so her face is level with Tzuyu's. "And if anybody tries to get you, kidnap you," she ran her hand through Tzuyu's hair, "you scream for help, then run as fast as you can, okay?"

Tzuyu nodded. "Yes, Jihyo-unnie."

Dahyun and Chaeyoung followed. "Yes."

"We're settled." Jeongyeon said. "Let's go."

--------------

After alot of running, swinging, sliding, and hanging, the girls rested and had a little picnic.

"So," Mina munched on her sandwich. "Did anybody asked anybody who they are?"

Nayeon sipped on her juice before answering. "Um, Jeongyeon-ah and I were sitting by the tree earlier, and two ladies---probably older than we are---walked to us and asked who the kids are."

"And what did you say?"

"The thing Jihyo told us to say," Jeongyeon answered. "'they are kids we borrowed for a moment.'"

Jihyo nodded. "Good."

Dahyun had chocolate smudges on her shirt. "Unnies, want ice cream."

"Huh?"

"Want ice cream." Dahyun repeated.

Sana frowned. "You have enough sugar to hype you up, Dubu, you don't need more."

Dahyun pouted. "But I want ice cream!"

"Yes, yes!" Chaeyoung agreed. "We want ice cream!"

Sana face palmed and glanced at Jihyo.

"Fine." Jihyo rolled her eyes. "Dahyunie, you can get your ice cream."

"Yipeee!" Dahyun stood up and rejoiced. "Sana-unnie, can you come with me to the ice cream truck?"

"Let's go." Before Sana can even stand up Dahyun grabbed her hand and dragged her to the ice cream truck.

"Unnie, faster!" Dahyun called.

They reached the truck, and boy, the line was quite long.

After some time, Dahyun started getting impatient.

"Can't we just go infront?" Dahyun complained. "I want ice cream now!"

The lady infront of them glanced at Dahyun then turned at Sana. She was wearing a black hoodie that covers her up and a mask. "Can't you keep your child's mouth shut? She's been blabbering nonsense, and I'm tired of hearing her voice. If you want ice cream, then wait." She added before turning to the front again.

Sana glared at the woman. How dare she say that Dahyun! She thought. Doesn't she know Dahyun is still an impatient little kid?

Dahyun made a face at the woman. "I just wanted ice cream." She frowned. Her eyes started to water.

Sana carried Dahyun and hugged her. "Don't mind her. She just doesn't like kids, that's all. We'll get you ice cream in no time."

After five minutes, the pair reached the front of the line and ordered.

"One choco for me, two honey for Sana-unnie and Momo-unnie, one strawberry for Chaengie, one vanilla for Mina-unnie, two banana for Nayeon-unnie and Jeongyeon-unnie, and two brownie for Chewy and Jihyo-unnie. All are sundaes." Dahyun said to the Ice Cream Man.

Sana looked at her incredously. "You know alot."

Dahyun gave her a big smile.

The Ice Cream Man came back after a moment carrying two paper bags.

Sana gave him the exact amount of money needed, carried the bags if ice cream, and went back to their friends.

They reached their friends and sat on the mat to distribute the sundaes. Dahyun herself distributed the sundaes.

"Hey, Chaengie, Chewy," Dahyun said, her mouth full of ice cream.

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu looked at her, mouths full too.

"There's a lady on the line awhile ago and she got mad at me." Dahyun recalled.

"Why'd she got mad atchu?" Tzuyu asked.

"I think because I was noisy." Dahyun pouted. "But I don't care. I still got ice cream."

The concern on the older girls' faces morphed into happiness as Dahyun made her little joke.

"Still, Dahyun-ah, you could get in trouble for being noisy." Jihyo said after giggles.

"I know." Dahyun grinned. "And I think I would just be careful next time I get noisy."

The others shook their heads on Dahyun's naughtyness.

No one noticed the lady hiding behind the tree quite near them observing the girls' actions and jollyness.

"You seem so happy, huh." She smirked through her dark mask. "I doubt that y'all still be that bubbly after my secret mission.

"After all, everyone knows you can't live without your maknaes."