[Chapter 49] Nine or None

The following events that happened went by in just felt like a flash.

Daeun was so close to injecting the liquid substance to Dahyun, literally just millimeters away from the little girl's skin, but then suddenly, the door of the warehouse burst open, revealing a raging Minatozaki Sana, the other 4 of TWICE's unnie line behind her.

"GET YOUR HAND AWAY FROM HER!" Sana bellowed, surging forward and slapping the syringe and Daeun's hand away from Dahyun.

Dahyun blinked, everything that was happening just registering in her mind.

Sana and the other unnies were there to save her. They were there, whenever Dahyun needed them the most.

And she loved them even more for that.

Jihyo, Nayeon, and Momo approached Dahyun, carrying her away from the scene.

"Are you okay, Dahyunie?" Jihyo asked, holding Dahyun's shaking hands. "Are you hurt?"

She examined Dahyun's arms and body and saw bruises on them, from all the kicks and slight pushes of Daeun earlier.

Nayeon touched Dahyun's side and Dahyun grimaced in pain. "I think we should get her to the hospital, Jihyo." Mina said, checking Dahyun's bruise. "She's hurt terribly."

"Whatever that girl did to her..." Momo shook her head, looking inside the warehouse. "Who the hell is she to do this?"

"I'm okay, unnie," Dahyun insisted. "And besides... I have to tell you about this dream I had, one that turned to reality." She added, her eyes glinting as she smiled.

Inside the warehouse, Jeongyeon helped Sana back Daeun away, the injection she was holding cracked on the floor, the liquid inside spilled and gone already.

"Who the hell are you to do that to Dahyun? Are you freaking out of your mind, huh, weirdo? Who are you, why do you have to do that?!" Sana asked nonstop, pushing and punching Daeun until her back reached the wall.

Daeun just remained quiet, though, just groaning and wincing pain of the kicks and punches the girls are giving her. But she was stubborn as hell. Ugh.

Instead of answering their questions, she glanced up at them and managed a laugh. A laugh that sent goosebumps to the girls, for the laugh was familiar yet alien at the same time, as if they have heard it faintly before.

Then suddenly, their minds went back to that day, when they got a mysterious phone call, the caller saying that the maknaes have forgotten all of their memories and would be gone soon.

"It was you." Sana said, in a low dead tone.  Her eyes turned darker as she glared daggers at Daeun.

Beside her, Jeongyeon shivered. She rarely---correction, NEVER---sees Sana like this. Sana's the bubbly and kind type but when you get her mad, RUN.

"The woman we saw at the park, disguised as the old lady. The mysterious caller. The girl we treated as a friend that day on the photo studio. The culprit who did this all." Sana repeated, "It was you."

Daeun laughed again, an evil and vicious laugh, her lips forming a cruel smile. But she said nothing, just smiling evilly as Sana and Jeongyeon stared at her in disbelief.

"Why did you do all of this, though?" Jeongyeon asked, "And who are you?"

Daeun coughed, staring at them blankly. "Don't you really remember who I am?"

Sana and Jeongyeon blinked in confusion.  "W-we know you?"

"Well, I can't blame you for not remembering me. I have changed so much since our last meeting, which was like 4, 5 years ago." Daeun said slowly, trying to make Sana and Jeongyeon remember.