The Beginning

Why do I feel like this?

El
It had only been a week since I arrived back in Hawkins and she was already ruining everything. Mike probably has a crush on her, I can tell by the way he stares.

Max
I understand that she's pissed that I'm joining the party, but that doesn't mean she has to stare at me like that, to the point where I can see her anger coming out of her eyes.

El
We were having lunch in the cafeteria and mike was still staring at her. "Mike"
Mike jumped and turned to face me, "What's wrong El?"
"Can we talk?" I said, tilting my head at the exit door.
"Sure"

Max
Now they've left as usual, they always do this, I get they're dating and whatever, but they make it so obvious they don't want to sit with the party.

El
Mike looked at me with puppy eyes "What's wrong?"
"Why do you keep staring at her?" I said, with sharpness in my voice.
"Who?" He looked so confused.
"Who do you think?" I said annoyed, "Max"
"Oh, her." He said, looking annoyed, "it was all Dustin and Lucas' fault. They invited her without asking Will and I before. I don't like her, she's too... sassy, annoying."
I looked down at the ground, "I thought you had a crush on her. You kept staring."
"Never, El" Mike said, with a comforting smile.

Max
They finally return

Narrator
"Sneaking off again." Will said with a smirk.
El looked at him with a soft smile and then turned to Mike, "Just talking."
The bell rings, startling Max

Lucas walks up to Max, "Max, are you okay?"
Max turns her head to face Lucas, "Yeah, why?"
"You just seem jumpy."
Max rolled her eyes, "I'm not jumpy, I'm just... thinking. Lunch has become boring." Max softly smiled to Lucas, "No offense."
Lucas smiles, "do you wanna go the arcade or something after school?"
Max smiled, "don't feel so awkward, stalker."
Lucas had a confused expression on his face and Max begins walking away whilst Lucas is yelling after her, "Is that a yes?"
She turned around walking backwords, "meet at my locker" she said turning around looking at the floor, blushing.