Chapter 36 - My Home

I wish for you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul. – Charles Dickens

Aaliyan's P.O.V

One side of my head pounded with insufferable waves of pain. I stared up from the papers to my assistant Rehan sitting on the guest chair, reading from a file.

"Rehan, Migraine is killing me."

"I'll go and get some medicine for you, Sir." Rehan immediately stood up. I didn't tell him that I had had three different pills since morning and it was not going away at all.

I took my glasses off, putting them on the table. I rubbed my eyes slowly. I couldn't see anything, due to the pain. I thought to go home - but immediately dropped the idea.

The thought of going home was not calming anymore, because the home was where she was and where she was, I couldn't go there. My enormous masculine ego stood like Mount Karakorum before me – I had no strength to climb it.

I had been immobile for weeks, I had not returned home for weeks after she left. I stayed in the office until late at night and then went to an apartment I owned.

I couldn't bear the thought of not finding her on the balcony of her room or fighting with Aryan or laughing on memes with her head thrown back, her hand on her mouth.

I missed her. That was obvious. 

I was deprived of sleep. I was picking memories pinch by pinch and putting them on the slate of my mind, watching them every night, with tears streaming down my cheeks and the migraine blacking my eyes.

I couldn't forget those silver eyes, the most intense eyes I had ever seen. I couldn't forget those cherry-colored lips of her, her cute pout, her glowing skin and most of all her bold mouth. I smiled, forlornly. I wished, she came back, only if I could bring her back, I'd have given everything I had to get her back.

It had been four months and each day in those four months I spent like a century. Every day, I opened my phonebook, opened her contact number, saved with the name Home. I couldn't reach her, she, my home, had flown overseas, leaving me.

I never tapped the call button, I knew she wouldn't pick up. Every day, I tried to persuade my ego to shut up, every day I scolded my heart to not torture me. I was collapsing and no one was seeing that.

Not even my family.

Mummy, Aryan, Uncle, Asmat did not talk to me, at all. Since she had gone, they had turned their face on me. Even though she had gone herself, they all blamed me – unacquainted with the fact that I was hurt the most. More hurt than them, or her, who left without any care in the world. Like, I'd forget her if she left, like I'd stop loving her if she left.

Yes, I did want to stop loving her. I wanted to remove every trace of her from my heart, mind, soul and my life. It was impossible. It could never be possible, that I knew.

I had tried to talk to Mummy numerous times, she blocked me out saying, "You've hurt me badly Aaliyan. Do not talk to me, I might be harsh on you."

Aryan would pout and say, "You let her go, you lost me my best friend, leaving the house was not an option Bhai, fighting for what was yours was. You let her go."

I didn't let her go! She wouldn't have stopped even if I stopped her. I was fed up with their behavior. Why was anyone not even listening to me?

I was forlorn, alone, devastated and hurt.

That night, I caught Aryan in the living room. I asked him to sit still and talk to me. I threatened him I'd beat him so much, only his teeth would remain in this world.