Chapter 15 - In Love With Silver

"She had the kind of eyes that demand attention, even a simple flutter of her lashes shouted, "You're going to love me."

Where My Love Goes - Lawson

Aaliyan's P.O.V

I was worried about her weird behavior. She was rude towards me, snapping at me every time she got a chance or she was silent. She had been late every morning for a week now. I was concerned. What was that making her like this - it was the first time I had seen her looking dull and sluggish.

She still looked beautiful—cuter even—despite that it was depressing for me. I was afraid she was getting bored with me. She was going to get bored with this routine soon. She had even stopped exchanging the playlists with me. I was over it.

That day I couldn't control my anger as my outburst left her and me shocked. I never talked to girls rudely. That was not me, I was never like that. She made me behave this way. She made me so insecure, so fearful and I hated her, but honestly could I ever?

That morning, I rang her bell for five minutes. Five minutes, I can't believe it, she is an irresponsible spoiled brat! I put my hand on the bell and forgot to withdraw it.

Ten minutes and still no answer, it vexed me. Where was she? What happened to her? All the scenes from Auntie Sabira's death rushed to my mind making tremors run through my body.

I was terrified as I banged the door uncontrollably with my hands. I felt an unbearable ache rising in my chest. I felt I was losing her. I was so helpless, so vulnerable.

I have to climb the wall. I moved with the speed of light. But before I could do that, the door opened, making me blow breath through my mouth which I didn't know I was holding.

I turned towards her and grabbed her by her shoulders. I tightened my grip when she tried to move. She took the hint as she stood still. I never wanted to let her go. I would never let her go. I would fight for her or with her. Only the thought her leaving me scared me to the core.

We headed to university when I asked her why she was late. She said, my choice. What kind of answer was that? I was dying in worry minutes ago and she said, my choice?

I was not going to bear that sort of behavior. I made sure she listened to every word I was trying to shove in her little mind. I wanted her to apologize, say that this won't happen again. But what did she do? She smiled evilly to burn me. In pure rage, I asked her why she was smiling. I wasn't expecting what she replied with.

I got... shocked and my body set in an abnormal mode.

She pulled me by my shirt. It was unexpected and I fell on her. She handled my weight as her pink lips touched mine. My mouth parted in shock, and she preyed on it.

I couldn't comprehend anything. I was sitting there numb. My eyes were closed. My nose was filled with her scent. Her fingers ran into my hair as she pressed herself against me. Luckily, it made me come to my senses.

My head spun and my heart paced abnormally. I pushed her away, her head hit the window. Through my blurry vision I tried to interpret her expressions, with her eyes teary, a sharpness in her them that cut my insides into two, and her mouth wide open, she looked angry, shocked and hurt...

After a moment of cruel tension lingering between us, she grabbed her bag and left the car. I sat there for a moment and took a deep breath, looking around the car. There was no one. For the first time in my life, I felt grateful for having a tinted glass car.

Allah rabbul izzat!

I regretted pushing her away. I didn't want to hurt her. I could have stopped her more gently.