Chapter 33 - I'm Your Cousin

Aaliyan was mad at me.

He didn't have a reason to, but he was. It must be Sara dripping sweet poison in his ears drop by drop. Whatever the reason was, he wasn't talking to me and he wasn't sparing me a glance.

I was saddened by it, sure, but I didn't want him to be okay, it was easier that way, it was easier to control my urges, it was easier to have some time to solve the conflicts in my mind. 

However, my emotional side was burning like a candle, melting and hurting. It wanted Aaliyan to be okay with me. Show his rare boldness, tease me, fight with me, anything.

Deciding that my emotional side was more powerful than the sane one, I started to search for opportunities to find him alone and explain myself but...the damned Sara had made that difficult. She was always with Aaliyan and when I said always, I meant it. She never left his side. It didn't only burn me, but I wanted to burn her too.

Because of Asmat's Nikah and my procrastinating ass, I was behind all of my classmates on projects and assignments. Sir Aziz had given me the last warning for his journal.

Today I had to submit the journal and it was its last date, I had been awake the entire night and completed it. Then, after Fajar's prayers, I had taken a little sleep.

When I woke up late, I hastily got ready and took my phone and bag from the bed, but I couldn't find my car keys, I searched for a while, freaking out because I was running out of time. Then, suddenly, an idea hit me and I ran to the balcony, opening the door I looked straight at the porch, but my Royal Royce was invisible, missing, nowhere.

"Damn you, Ghazi!" I muttered, running out of my room.

Downstairs, second floor, in the living room, Mami and Aaliyan were having a chat, with mugs of chai in their hands, the living room smelled like Aaliyan because of his evil perfume. I had to give myself a pep talk to keep my senses in control.

Aaliyan, in his black tuxedos, laughed at something Mami said, "Mummy, don't embarrass me."

"Mami, where's that wolf, Ghazi gone?" I was fuming.

"I think it was his workshop in their university today, he had to sell and earn as a project..."

My mouth opened in shock, oh my god, was he going to do something with my car, damn it. I took the phone out of my jacket's pocket and ran downstairs, calling him.

"What are you doing to my car?" I shouted as soon as he picked up.

"Nothing..."

"Tell me!" I wanted to strangle him.

"Just giving rides to people for money, it's a project thing, I swear!"

I put my hand on my mouth, he was using my car to earn money. How could he? Even a part of me laughed at his wit and cunning but I kept myself harsh on him.

"How dare you steal my car?"

"Remember you had told me I could have it for a month? I took it for a day, okay?" he was laughing, enjoying my anger. "And I'm taking care of it, more than you do."

I was sure he was going to get beat by me.

"Damn it, I have to submit an assignment, there's no gas in my Mercedes." I tried to calm myself, as I stepped out of the house, walking towards the porch.

"I think you should ask Bhai for a lift, he was gonna go late today, he still might be home." The damned plotter!

"Ask him, my foot." That is when someone's shoulder brushed against mine. A mesmerizing scent shut my senses for a few seconds and when they returned - Ghazi was saying something but I cut the call on him and put my phone back in my jeans pocket.