Chapter 18 - Phone Calls

"She was in love with his mind, his words were all she could hear, taking her to the edge of madness; always touching her, even when he was not near. - n.r hart.

Playlist:

John Legend-All Of Me

"What I wouldn't give to be, with you, right now, Musca."

A slow smile spread on my lips, recalling the memory from a few days ago, as I turned the alarm off. With the smile still dancing on my face, I turned around in bliss and my eyes went to the French window only to find snowflakes still falling from the sky generously.

I was grinning ear to ear the entire time. It was very cold, so cold that it could freeze anyone's bones, but I was roaming barefoot in my house without any care in the world. I didn't feel cold; I was warm with those heartwarming memories.

I pushed the window open that opened in the backyard of my house. Snow filled breeze hit me causing a shiver to run down my spine. I wrapped my arms around myself, still smiling.

"I have found nothing more beautiful than you."

I hid my face in my hands, groaning because of the heat that rushed to my face. I scooted away from the window, imagining him glancing at his watch in that meeting that had taken him away from me.

Do you know anyone who doubles the value of a watch by wearing it on his wrist?

Aaliyan Haider, only Aaliyan.

The last month had wrung the energy out of me with all those quizzes, assignments, practical work and research. The class assignment on interviewing a few successful businessmen alone had me writhing like a fish out of water.

All those days Asmat was with me, my friend and in a very little time – I declared her my best friend. She was the most amazing girl I had ever seen in my life. She could mimic anyone and everyone - I would just laugh, clutching my stomach until there was no air left in my lungs. Tears were streaming down my face and once I was calm, I would start laughing again. The lists of her talents went on and on...

She was the editor of our university's magazine, she was a speaker, a leader, a debater, a brilliant student and there was nothing she couldn't do. With that, she was the meanest person I had ever seen on the earth of God, the most selfish, and yet the kindest person.

Asmat feared – no, she had a huge crush on Uncle Mubashir – my Uncle Mubashir, and my Uncle, once acknowledging her presence near him, would leave that place immediately. It always burnt Asmat to no end, and she being a moody, egoistic and mean bitch, made sure she was always near uncle. Not to mention, she never forgot to taunt him and make him regret being born.

Very few people knew about her little innocent crush – Uncle Mubashir cared about his respect so much that it would kill him to let the little secret out - he would get into pure trouble - but Asmat never seemed to care; after all, she was Asmat.

We were sitting by ourselves on the lawn when we saw uncle Mubashir walking on the pavement talking to one of my classmates named Hashir. Uncle glanced towards us, smiled at me and gave Asmat a forthright scowl.

"Tuhnji Kawar mai kurb gharo

tunjo pyar alae cha hundo."

{There is so much affection in your anger

I wonder how your love would be like}

My head snapped to Asmat, I was left shocked and wide-eyed. Asmat was singing loudly the Sindhi song mimicking the artist. Nobody could say if it was Asmat singing the song or the real male artist.