Chapter 14 - Under A Spell

"I'm falling for your eyes but they don't know me yet." -Ed Sheeran

Playlist:

Alicia Keys - Girl on fire

AALIYAN'S P.O.V.

It was impossible to understand the girl and even more impossible to understand the pain hidden in her gray eyes—eyes so beautiful that they haunted me to no end.

My first thought was her eyes upon waking up and my last thought before a deep slumber consumed me was her eyes. When I ate, I saw her eyes, and on their own, my hands would stop moving. The spoon would fall from my hand, and I'd leave the food untouched. Reading the files in my office, I would zone out about thinking about her Gray eyes. Her coffee brown hair flew in the air freely in content.

I never saw her smiling or talking. She would sit with a book and headphones on, oblivious from the entire world.

That girl had something that drew me to her, not to mention her eyes. Those eyes were more glistening than stars. I had seen many beautiful girls all my life. So beautiful that I would be overwhelmed at their beauty—no one gave me the feelings she did.

She played a spell on me, so durable, I couldn't break it. I didn't find anything fascinating anymore as I had already found the most fascinating creation of God.

I waited for her lips to curl up in a little, even a very tiny smile; it never happened. I waited for the day those lips would smile at me, for me—because of me. Every day I waited and every day felt like a full century.

It had been four months, and nothing had changed in my life but something had changed, and that change was not for the better, the sorrow on her face made me depressed for no reason. I would be grumpy all day, snapping at everyone. My staff who used to be so frank with me now wouldn't even say good morning because they feared I would snap at them for silly reasons. For God's sake Aaliyan, you don't know her; you don't even know her name!

I had tried to make myself understand that it's not right to let a person you didn't know ruin your good self and bring out the worst in you. I was going crazy because of the thoughts of her that wouldn't let me live.

I took off from my office for two days so I could snuggle in my bed and clear my head from her thoughts—I found myself roaming in the park. It was early in the morning, and it was messing with my head that she wasn't there when I desperately needed to see her.

That day, I, Aaliyan Haider, C.E.O. of one of the biggest multiple businesses of Pakistan, realized how bad she had me. How badly I had lost it, how badly I wanted to see her—her unusual beauty and maybe tell her how I felt.

I left the country for two weeks in the hope that I would be like before when I come back. Cool, calm, and collected.

I was wrong.

☆☆☆

I was back from Paris after spending two of the most depressing weeks of my life. The same routine continued, and to be honest to myself, I enjoyed observing her but the more I watched her, the more confused I got.

She hit a kid playing by himself with hatred. I got terrified, then a loud laugh left my mouth. What was with hitting the innocent kids? No reason, nothing. I panted at her cruelty. What did that sweet kid do? What right did she have to hit kids?

When the kid went away crying, I realized her face was wet. Not from raindrops falling gently on her face but from the salty water that left her eyes. She cried, leaning her back against a tree, wiping her tears and wiping the newly formed tears again.