Chapter 29 - Mother Of Narcissism

I keep myself busy with things to do but every time I pause, I still think of you.

The other day, I ordered my breakfast in my room through my balcony. I loved shouting orders from the balcony it excited me to do it this way; It was some sort of childish pleasure. I was such a brat sometimes.

I became motionless, when I observed the men in orange working jackets and yellow helmets, surveying the area near the mansion's boundary wall. That was what I assumed.

"Jannat! What is happening here?" I dragged my words, yelling again and before anyone could reply. Mr. Aaliyan Haider emerged in his balcony.

"Tameez hai koi tum mai?" He seemed aggressive enough to strangle me. "Stop shouting, there is a goddamn intercom in your room for a bloody reason."

"Meri marzi," I replied in the same manner. "None of your business, you rich, decorous mogul!" I snarled and sauntered inside my room.

Stupid egoistic bigheaded man!

I was not going to university, due to ache in my entire body, even my fever was gone I felt very weak and I was starving. My stomach felt like an empty well, growling and causing me pain.

The door finally opened. The delicious smell of omelet and coffee filled the room. I looked up in anticipation, my mouth watering and my eyes widened. It was Sara with a tray in her hands and she was smiling at me, flaunting her damned dimples. Everybody has dimples in this house!

"Good morning!"

I raised my eyebrows. I took the tray from her, mumbling a thank you, I went to the couch and ate. She stood there, watching me, fumbling with her hands.

"I'm sorry for last night," an apology came from her.

"It's okay, I should be sorry, Ghazi went out of his limits, and he shouldn't have said anything he did. I'm apologizing on behalf of my best friend." I simpered softly at her. An unknown emotion flickered in her eyes; she opened her mouth but closed it when multiple loud knocks were heard.

"Your highness," it was Ghazi, all fresh and energized behind the door, I grinned. Sara stared at me awkwardly.

"I have heard the rumors of you eating alone. Should I come in to join?"

"No!" I shouted back.

"Your majesty, may I please?"

"Okay."

He opened the door, "Will you ever give me your ca-" he cut himself off, realizing the presence of Sara.

A cold expression resided on his face. "Musca, if you're busy, I'll meet you in the evening."

From his expressions, I knew he was not going to stay even if I asked so I shrugged. When he left, I turned to Sara, "Why don't you sit down?"

"Um, yeah, I was just going." She swiftly made off. I couldn't care less.

******

Sara was sweet to me, but she was a narcissist, that a blind person could tell. Aware of her beauty she never missed a chance to flaunt it anywhere. The dresses she wore weren't modest but couldn't be labeled as slutty. Lately, I had been thinking about her and Aaliyan a lot and it made me sick to my stomach.

The month of Rabi al-Awwal had started; this month was the month of Milad-un-Nabi that meant Prophet Muhammad's birthday. There were huge celebrations in this entire month. People celebrated by organizing gatherings where we talked about Muhammad's character and his teachings.