Chapter 34 - Emotionally Drained

"One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside." ― John Lennon

I had not had a blink of sleep the entire night. When the light coming from the balcony door brightened my room, I squinted and licked my dry lips. I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom.

After a long bath, I came out and wore my best dress, taking my phone from the bed I turned on the Wi-Fi. I booked and reserved everything I needed to. Sitting on the couch, I sent a few emails and then, simply stared into space, thinking of ways to break it to everyone without causing anyone hurt.

Mami had tears in her eyes as she sat on the couch.

Asmat and Ghazi weren't talking to me. They both threw a tantrum and locked themselves inside their rooms. Uncle's expressions were grim but he stayed silent. Sara was the only one smiling like she was going to get chocolates from me. When I had told everyone that I was leaving for America on the dinner table, Aaliyan had left the dining hall and then the house, without granting me a second glance.

"I lost my mother Mami before I could live with her I don't want to lose my father. Even if he is ruthless but he cares, in his way he does." I reasoned, crouching before her.

She nodded, sniffing; tears slipped from her eyes and fell on her lap.

"Uncle please, why won't anyone even listen to me?" I was shouting, angry with myself for hurting the loving people.

"It's okay Musca, you can go," Uncle tried to sound like he meant it. He failed terribly. It was enough; I let my tears fall and sobbed into my hands. "Why wouldn't anyone understand me?"

Mami hugged me, patting my back. "We understand Musca, it's just sad for us to let you go."

"I don't wanna go, I just feel the need to. Like my time here is over, I shouldn't stay..." My voice was being stuck in my throat. "Ghazi ain't talking to me, Asmat ain't talking to me. Aaliyan left the house, what do I do?" I let out a sob. "Mami, please tell them to talk to me, I can't bear this. I don't wanna leave with a bad heart."

"Musca they are just sad, they will talk to you, give them time..."

"I don't have much time left...in the morning I leave..." I wiped my cheeks, stood up and ran downstairs towards Asmat's room.

"Asmat, open it you Bala, I'm crying!" I banged the door. 

She didn't reply nor did she open the door. 

"I'm telling you I'll tell all your dirty secrets to Uncle if you won't open this door now." No answer came. "I'm crying, I'm leaving, this is what you want me to take from Pakistan, the memories of closed doors? Open it."

It opened, Asmat looked like shit as I was looking. She caught me in a tight hug, crying. I thought of all the moments we spent together. I started laughing at her past funny remarks and stupid comments, her meanness, and sweetness with people.

"I'll ask Mr. Mighty Mubashir to take care of you," I said, laughing.

She laughed and hit my arm. "That's my nickname for him, don't you dare use it."

"Ow, it hurt, you Bala."

I rubbed my upper arm and asked her to come with me; I had another child to persuade.

Aryan Haider was a tough cookie, he declined to recognize me, shouted at me to get out, shoved me out of his room and when I had no energy to cry and shout for him to forgive me he opened the door and sat beside me crying like a stupid child.

"Don't go!"

"I have to..."

"Please your majesty...our kingdom will be empty without you...please don't go!" he begged.