Chapter 32 - Musca, The Anti-Nikah

Marriage is the eternal unity of two souls 

                                                who had met long before being born into this temporary world.

Aaliyan put me down on the chair in the dining hall. He put both of his hands into his jeans pockets smiling charmingly as he enjoyed the show Asmat had put on.

Asmat's pale skin was red, her entire face had tears, and her nose was extra red as she tried to control her crying. Her hair was messy. She looked devastated.

Uncle was sitting in his chair with a scowl on his face as she shouted at him. "How can you do this? Don't you see me? Am I not pretty? Am I disabled? Am I not good enough? I am not even your student. All the stupid ethics can go to the dustbin."

Uncle tried to open his mouth but closed it when Asmat shouted again. "Don't explain anything, it will hurt more." She wiped her cheeks harshly. "Why won't you accept me? I have been in love with you for four years, why don't you see this? I love you."

"Yeah, Uncle why won't you accept her? Hmm." It was Aaliyan asking him, with sympathy for Asmat. I got confused with the way he said it. He didn't sound genuine or even himself. I smelled something fishy.

"Yes, uncle why not?" it was Ghazi, sounding the same as Aaliyan.

Something sure was fishy, I looked at everyone's expressions, Sara had her lips clamped, Mami was smiling her usual soft smile, Ghazi was enjoying the show, eating from the Shami Kebab. Aaliyan was standing behind me, a smirk dancing on his face.

"What is happening here?" I whispered to Ghazi in utter bewilderment.

"Marriage Drama." He put an entire Shami Kabab in his mouth. "Hmm, wow delicious."

I sensed Aaliyan bowing behind me, and then his hot breath touched my ear, my stomach flipped without my goddamned permission. "Musca bibi, drama dekho ab," [Watch the drama now.]

Suddenly Uncle stood up, catching my attention. "Would you listen to me for once?"

Asmat sobbed in reply.

"Arey, I'm going to marry you!"

"What?" I shouted with all my teeth out in shock mixed with glee.

Asmat went into a shock, forgot crying and looked at Uncle with bafflement in her eyes.

"This was Aaliyan's plan to get the love confession out of you."

"What?" This time a scowl decorated my face, I turned around to him, he was smirking at me, mockingly. I turned my attention to Uncle. The nerve of this man! He used me!

"He knew Musca would tell you and you'd come running if you cared." Uncle smiled faintly at Asmat. "I know how it feels like to love someone who wouldn't recognize it, I didn't want to give that to you anymore...will you marry me?"

I smiled feeling all giddy wow uncle said it.

Asmat opened her mouth and closed it, shook her head, shook it again, smiled and then stared right into uncle's brown eyes behind his frameless glasses and nodded vigorously.

An involuntary giggle left my mouth. A happy end, at last. I bit my lip and turned to Ghazi who was more interested in Biryani at that time. "Stupid you missed it!"

"Don't care, I don't wanna miss biryani." I wrinkled my nose at him and took a spoon and started eating from his plate but he took it away.

"Get your own!"