Chapter 31 - A Fuming Asmat

There are only two times I want to be with you. Now and forever.

Ache was an inferior word to define the pain I felt in my entire body, I difficultly opened my eyes; the room was filled with the morning light coming from the closed balcony door. I rubbed my eyes, sitting up. I was startled with Aaliyan's presence. He sat beside my bed on the floor, his face rested on the bed as he slept.

Slowly, the incidents from last night appeared on the slate of my sleepy mind. Ugh, I had fallen asleep while he carried me home. Sensing the pain in my foot, I stared at it and found it treated with an ointment and it was wrapped in a bandage. Aaliyan had done it. I took a deep breath and realizing that I was still in the lengha from last night I got up only to fall back. I couldn't walk.

"What are you doing?" It was Aaliyan's drowsy voice, behind me.

"I need to get changed, I can't walk."

"Should I help?"

My heart skipped a beat, my breathing caught in my throat. "Getting changed?"

He laughed huskily, making my heart beat faster. "No stupid, help you walk."

"Yes," Seeing no other way, I replied in the affirmative.

Aaliyan went to the intercom and ordered someone to come to my room. He came to my side and crouched down before me. "Someone will be here to help in a minute, how are you feeling?"

"Pain."

"Where?" He took my foot into his hand, analyzing it.

"My body is breaking with pain," I muttered, restless and petulant.

"Okay, you get changed, I'll call a doctor." He stood up, taking his phone out of his pocket. When Jannat came inside after knocking, Aaliyan gazed at me one last time and left the room.

I got a hot bubble bath not forgetting to wrap my foot in two plastic bags with the help of Jannat. Then, she brought breakfast, when I was done with breakfast; Ghazi appeared with an aged doctor.

The doctor examined my foot and then checked my temperature and blood pressure. He predicted that I might get a fever in the night. Then, he prescribed some medicines and told me that the bandage will be changed every day and I am not allowed to walk for a week until the wound was completely healed.

When he left, I facepalmed. I had just gotten up from my bed after long sickness and now another week. I got anxious and angry. Ghazi came back after leaving the doctor downstairs.

"I think you got Nazar."

"Got Nazar?"

"Evil eye," he sat on the couch opposite the bed, now there was not a table after Aaliyan had graciously kicked the previous one. "Hmm, I know whose evil eye that might be."

We both laughed, knowing whom he was talking about. "That girl, damn Musca, she is the most arrogant person I have ever seen."

"She has the right to be, she is so pretty after all." I gave a reason.

"Whatever, but she didn't have a right to get me fired. It was me, I didn't need the job but think if it was some struggling poor guy, his life would have been disturbed for months." He sighed. I nodded, understanding. Then he shrugged. "What would you do all day long?"

"Surf internet, read something," I pouted.

"Hm theek hai, I'm going to university." He got up and left, but he didn't close the door properly. I cursed now I had to wait for someone to come and close it.