Chapter 21 - The Sweet Torment

"For all the things my hands held the best by far is you."

Playlist:

Hailee Steinfeld, Grey - Starving ft. Zedd

Ting tong

It was not only a bell — it was simply a miracle that had happened when Uncle had just turned around to see what was behind him. When my heart had stopped working and my blood had frozen in my body. In a moment like that, it was a bell of serendipity for me.

But I was in no such luck.

Uncle Mubashir didn't stop as if he had taken an oath to see what had caused me to behave in a certain way. My mind raced with all the possibilities of what would happen if Pappa knew about Aaliyan. My legs shook at the very thought of getting caught.

"Uncle!" Heart pummeling in my ears, I stood up in alarm stopping him.

Startled, a horrible expression came on his face. "Kya huwa? {What happened?}

The doorbell rang again, urgently, like the person at the door had forgotten to withdraw his finger from the bell.

"Oh um I'm sorry it was - uh -" I wiped the sweat off my forehead with my wrist, sitting back on the couch and worked my unstable brain. "Would you, um, go check, who's at the door?"

"Yes, I am going." Uncle's handsome face decorated with a frightening frown, made me gulp and my heart race as he stood up, buttoning his coat.

I mentally prayed that he wouldn't look back as he walked towards the hallway that led to the front door. I heaved a heavy sigh in relief when he was out of sight, to steady my strangely beating heart.

I aimed to jump to the other couch where Uncle was seated and smoothly landed there and stared over the couch at a laying Aaliyan, one hand clutching his stomach and another hand on his mouth, his golden eyes glistened more with those tears of laughter.

"T-th-that was hilarious Musca."

I threw a cushion at his handsome face, that hit him pretty hard but I was too angry to laugh at the moment. "What are you fuckin' tryin' to do? Get me killed?"

He used his elbows to prop himself up; looked straight into my eyes and cracked a heartwarming smile that displayed his cute dimple. I shook my head, scolding myself to not get trapped into the trance of this man's beauty.

"Get up and hide!" I hissed at him, picking up another cushion and I threw at him again. This time it was impossible not to laugh.

He got up and huffed. "Coward!" I heard him say under his breath as he turned around to go.

"Go!" I flung another cushion at him and it hit his shoulder. I covered my mouth to stop the bubbling giggles. When I was sure that Aaliyan was safely hidden somewhere, I jumped my way to the door where a fuming uncle was staring at the person on the other side of the door.

The angelic face of Asmat came into my view. Her chocolate brown eyes reflected her usual naughtiness and mischief, and the innocent smirk of hers hid almost every guilty thought of her.

"Mister mighty Mubashir," she raised her eyebrows.

Mister mighty Mubashir? I covered my mouth, killing the new giggles. In a situation like this, suddenly I was feeling overly excited and shaken at the same time.

"I have come to visit my friend," her eyes were at her painted pink nails. "I don't know what would make you think I would come here stalking you!" she faked a shiver making a disgusting face.