Chapter 39 - Aaliyan, the Shy Girl

Your eyes stole all my words away! -d.j

"I won't take your father's favor..." Aaliyan took his shirt off and threw it on the floor, not only his tone but his actions were aggressive too.

That man and his enormous ego!

I huffed and stared out the window. It was Fajr's time, in L.A. at my father's mansion. Aaliyan and I had prayed Fajr. Now, we were debating how we would go to Pakistan, with papa in his jet or a commercial flight.

"Papa simply wants us to go with them rather than going alone..." I calmed myself and reasoned, delicately.

"Then, tell them to come with us...in a normal flight, as normal people do."

He wore a white shirt and buttoned it, but furious, he was still stuck on the first button. I stood up from the bed and went to him, pouting I held his hand and jerked it away.

"Okay, we will go like normal people do..." I smiled at him, closing the buttons. "But, Papa wasn't trying to flaunt his money or something. He just wanted to facilitate the newlyweds with a private jet...with a room so they could get into romantic stuff..."

I glanced up at his face; he was gazing accusingly at me.

"I mean, it's his problem that he doesn't know that his son in law is shy and won't do anything to his daughter..." I smiled on the side. "It was a nice gesture...nothing else..." Tilting my head, I kissed his jawline. "But, we'll do what you'll be okay with..."

Aaliyan huffed and even if doing that, he gave my heart funny feelings.

"Okay, ...we will go with them." I was to jump up in the excitement but he raised a finger, livid. "But...I'll pay the bills of wherever we'd stay in Abu Dhabi or Dubai..."

"Yes, sir, sure..." I took his tie from the bed and handed him. I sprinted to my phone so I could call Papa that he should get the jet ready, Aaliyan had agreed.

When I was done with the call and turned around, he was still fuming, looking into the mirror, knotting his tie.

I walked up to him and turned him around. "If you don't wanna go..."

"I don't want your father to think that I have married you for his favors and his money."

I pouted, feeling sad. "He doesn't think I swear. Acha na mauf kardo unko...he didn't mean to hurt you. By the way, it makes me think..." I opened my mouth in shock. I had forgotten about asking him that. "Who the hell gave you permission to come to America, to my house, meet my father, without asking me or letting me know?"

Aaliyan's eyes widened as he panicked, going away. "I have an important call-"

I caught his arm, cutting him off, "Not so fast..."

"I had to..." he scratched his neck, my heartbeat quickened. "I was planning to get Nikahfied. I had to have your father's consent."

When my thumping heartbeat relaxed, my hands fisted as anger coursed through my veins. "You know...you deserved his harsh behavior...don't you dare talk a single word against him."

"Allah," Aaliyan groaned. "Listen to me dear wife, I had to meet him, to prove that I deserved you."

"Listen to me, dear husband..." I gritted my teeth. "Do not talk to me, I am angry, might as well kill you."

Aaliyan let out a chortle, knowing that it will melt my heart.

I turned around, facing him my back, annoyed. "You were gone to my home and you didn't tell me...you told me it was a business meeting...you told me you were out of the country to win a deal...was I a deal?" I was fuming.