Chapter 28 - The Locked Door

I'm yours don't give myself back to me. -Rumi

I threw the eyeliner in the dustbin as a chain of swear words left my mouth in its credit. I had applied it three times and I had to cleanse and wash my face for freaking three times.

I sat in front of the dressing mirror and applied eyeshadow with extra care. I had thrown the idea of applying eyeliner with the eyeliner itself.

I wore a long black frock with black churidars and I needed a Smokey eye look to go with it, but a little less vibrant because I was going to university. It was Asmat's speech at the seminar today. She was super excited and I was super petulant.

I patted myself on the back in my head when I was done with one eye. I took the brush and moved to the other eye.

The door knocked. I knew who it was, clamping my lips to suppress a grin I turned around and yelled, "I won't give you my car even if you beg Ghazi!"

The door opened silently. I was failing at hiding my naughty smirk. I would let him beg for it a few times then I'd give him the car. After all, he was my cousin and a caring one, not like that idio... My thoughts were interrupted by the particular idiot's face. My eyes widened.

He came inside, the rich and mesmerizing fragrance of his perfume spread across the room and shut my senses. My insides melted, my heart fluttered side to side, like a bird trying to break free from its cage.

I took a quick glimpse at his attire. He wore a grey button-down shirt I had gifted him, black jeans and the flowery muffler around his neck that he had taken from me on Christmas. His tousled brown hair gave him a devilish look.

He had come prepared. I thought.

His blazing gaze met mine and everything turned into the fire. I saw flames in his golden eyes. Heat consumed my skin, caused by his gaze and my gaze when they met.

Coming to my senses after which felt like a decade, I put on a façade and stood up, furious. "Who are you and who the hell gave you permission to come in."

"Who am I?" he raised his perfect eyebrows. "Whoa, that's cold." A painful smile came to his lips. "Do you want me to remind you who am I?"

The promise of reminding me of those beautiful moments we spent together shone in his eyes. I went restless as I clenched my fist around the makeup brush and huffed.

"Stay five feet away from me."

His eyes roamed on my face and then at the distance between us. "I'm already six feet away from you."

Then, he, like he was waiting for this, took two large steps and now stood in the center of the room.

I whimpered, "Leave me alone!"

"I don't think I was here to leave you alone." He put his hands in pockets of his jeans. His body language showed me he was here to succeed in whatever he wanted and I was freaking out internally.

"What do you want?" I threw the makeup brush away, belligerently.

"To talk, and that's all."

"I need to go," I took the dupatta from the chair and spread it on my shoulders. At this point, I had forgotten that I only had makeup on my one eyes and I had to put eye shadow, blush, and lipstick.

"The door is locked."

"What?" I got confused.

"I locked it."

"I'll open it?" I shrugged.

He chuckled. "You're cute Musca, stupidly cute, I locked the room. You cannot open it."