𝕏𝕏𝕏𝕀

I was thirsty so I decided to get some water while Nick was sleeping. I walk out to the kitchen and see Debbie sitting by the kitchen table crying while looking at some photos. Slowly I take some steps forward to which her head jolted up.
"Hi."
I say giving her a little smile.

"Hi."
She says quietly also trying to smile. I walk up to her and open my arms. She hugs me and immediately starts crying. I sit down on a chair next to her and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Do you feel like talking?"
I ask. She looks down on the photos she was looking at and shows me them.

"These are all pictures of Rob. This is Rob and his father when he was 14 years old. See how happy they were?"
She says. I nod.
"That all changed, it took their father less then three years after this to walk out of this house and never speak to us again. But that never stoped me from caring about them, that never stoped me from being the mother I was always supposed to be. Yet still I feel so defeated and I feel like a bad mother for not giving him the best life ever."
She says. I rub her back.

"Don't think like that. Debbie, it's not your fault that their father left, it was his choice. After he left you obviously did all you could and I know for a fact that all of them know you did your absolute best. Rob went to rest knowing you loved him, knowing that you would do anything for him."
I said, she nodded. I put my hand on hers.
"You know the last thing I sad to my father was?"
She shook her head.
"Dad, when I'm finally free from all of your bullshit and free from you, I'll be the happiest girl alive." And then the next day, he was shot. Obviously I didn't mean what I said but I was mad because sometimes I had to deal with the shit he did. I loved my father with all my heart, he would do anything for my mother and I. Unfortunately you never know when someone will leave you. 'Til this day, I'm so mad at myself for letting those be the last words he heard from me. But there's nothing you can change about it. So you should not regret a thing about what happened, because Rob knew you put all your effort into his, Chris and Nicks life."
I say, honestly I could feel the tears forming but I wasn't gonna start crying. Suddenly nick walks into the kitchen. He walks up to his mother and hugs her.

"How is Chris?"
He asks.

"He's not doing very well."
Debbie says. Chris is Nicks second brother, unfortunately he can't come because he is on vacation with his wife and kids.

"You guys are really strong, and you should be happy you've got each other."
I say. Debbie smiles and looks at Nick, Nick smiles back.

"Yeah, I am."
Nick says. My heart broke for them. Knowing how much this must hurt really tore me apart. I knew that getting my happy Nick back, it would take a lot of time and effort, but it doesn't matter, I would do anything for him.

"I have to go to the bathroom."
I say walking away. I locked the door and let my tears out. Catherine Alissa and Cindy knew about everything that happened they felt sorry for him. Suddenly somebody knocked on the door.

"Chantel, you good?"
Nick asks. I quickly wiped my tears and opened the bathroom door.

"Yeah I'm good, why?"
I ask, he put a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"You've been crying. Why?"
He asks. I chuckle.

"What? No I haven't."

"You don't have to lie to me, I know you. What's up?"
I give in.

"I-I don't know, I feel really bad for you guys, I just wish you didn't have to go through it, you know."
I say. He looks deep in my eyes, as I feel a tear forming again, I look away.

"C, why are you hiding your tears?"
He asks.

"Because I'm not supposed to be the one crying, I didn't lose anyone. I don't want you to feel sorry for me when you're the one who lost a brother. When I cry, I feel like you will be less open. I'm your girlfriend and I want you to know that I'm sturdy enough to give 90% of me when you can only give 10%. I don't want you to think I'm weak."

"I never thought you were weak. I know you want to help me and you want to be here for me, I'm always gonna be here for you too though, just because I'm going through shit, it doesn't mean I'll stop caring for you. I love you baby, and you know that, crying isn't a sign of weakness you just have a big heart."
He says and kisses me. Why do I have the cutest boyfriend ever?