𝕏

I woke up a bit late today, 1 PM. Waking up that late felt very unproductive but I just have to make the best of it. I brushed my teeth ate a salad and today I decided to go to the gym. It was a nice session. Looking at my watch I realized I only have 3 hours left to get ready. I open the door when I see John, Cindy's dad standing looking at my room.

"H-hi John."
I say a little nervous hoping he hasn't seen anything he's not supposed to see.

"Oh Hi Chantel, sorry your door was open and it's the first time I've seen your room, it's really pretty."
He says. I breathe out, Thank good.

"Yeah, But it's a bit messy. When did you come here?"

"About 5 minutes ago. I had to return because apparently these were the shoes I was supposed to take home not the others."
He laughs pointing at a pit of black heels, I chuckle. He starts walking down the stairs

"Yeah well, I have to go and take a shower. So see you and Pamela next week?"

"You sure do. Have a good day."

"You too!"
I say as I walk into my bathroom. That was a close one.

Once I was done showering, I walk over to my closet. What to wear? What to wear? I needed something nice But casual since there's a party at his after the date.

I think this will do

I think this will do. It's comfy yet it looks good, but you can still party in it. I FaceTimed my roommates and they agreed.

"You can throw that ass back in those jeans!"
Cindy says, we all laugh.

"Yeah, that's really what I'm going for."
I laugh.
"You can just about see my whole ass in them anyway."

A half an hour later. Zion face timed me.

"Yeah Z?"

"You ready for your date with Nick?"
He asks. Once he looked at his phone and saw me standing with my ass facing him, his eyes widened.
"Damn I like those jeans."
He says winking. I laugh.

"Bitch, Stop."
I say, Zion raises his eyebrow.

"Nick will like them, that's fo sure."

"Oh my god Zion, Stop it."
I say.

"He's on his way to your house right now."

"Okay that's good. Well, I'll keep getting ready and I'll se you at the party."

"Okay Ceejay the DJ, se you!"
He says as the face time ends. I walk over to my vanity picking up my perfume and spraying it on. I open my drawer next to the vanity and get my gun, blunt and some money putting it in my bag.

The doorbell rang and I ran down stairs opening the door.

"Hi shark boy."
I say.

"Did you really just call me that?"
He asks chuckling.

"Sure did."
I say.
"Wow look at us both wearing black jeans and a black jacket."
I mention, he chuckles noticing we've matched a little.

"You look good Chantel."
He says. I giggle.

"Thank you, so do you Nick."
I walk out and turn around to lock the door and I guess that's when he noticed the wholes in my jeans.

"Guess I missed the bast part of this look."
He says, I laugh.

"You're such a dork."
He laughed and starts walking next to me. He got here with his Porsche 911.
"Wow Nick what a car."
I say, he smiles as he opens the door for me.
"Here you go m'lady"

"Thank you very much."
He sits in the drivers seat and gives me the aux cord.

"Here you go, Ceejay the Dj."
He jokes. I took it and decided to play 'solita' by prettymuch. He glanced at me smiling.

"You really have fire taste in music."
He says, I chuckle.

"Don't let it get to your head."
He drove to a nice little restaurant, not to fancy. It was really cute and cozy inside. We got in there and ordered our food.

"Wow, look at us on a date."
Nick says smiling. I giggle at his comment.

"Yeah, is this we're you take all your other bitches."
I joke, he put his hand over his chest acting offended before laughing it of.

"No actually, I've never took a girl out on a date before, except for an old ex."
My eyebrows arch in surprise.

"You're lying."
He shakes his head.
"So you get them in bed so easy?"

"Look at me."
He says point at himself.
"Please, who can resist me?"
He says, I start laughing and so does he.

"Yeah, don't think that highly of yourself."
I say, he chuckles.
"So tell me a little about your family."
I add trying to get to know Nick a little bit better.

"Well, My family consists of my mother and two brothers. My father used to be in the picture before he left us."
He says with a bit saddened eyes.

"Oh no, that's terrible."

"Nah it's okay. I don't like complaining about it. At the end of the day, he doesn't have anybody but me and my family we got each other. I can't say it was easy but I learn from his mistakes."
I put my hand on his and rubbed it with my thumb.

"You're strong Nick, I can't say I know what it feels like, I had my father throughout my whole childhood."
I say, he smiles.

"I'm okay trust me, it was 10 years ago, it doesn't affect me so much anymore."
I knew he was lying, deep inside he wished he had a father figure, but he doesn't want it to get to him.
"Now tell me something about your family."
He told me about his father so I might as well talk about mine.

"Well, I have long distended cousins, other than that I don't really have anyone. My father got shot 2 years ago by the police and as you probably know my mother died from an overdose."
I say, Nick immediately gave me a pitty look.

"Oh my god, I didn't know."

"It's fine, it's fine. I was almost expecting something like that to happen. My father worked as a drug dealer he was known throughout our whole neighborhood. I knew someday, the wrong person would find out and things would end badly."
I say.

"Yeah, But you can never fully prepare yourself for something like that. I can only imagine what that feels like. I'm so sorry Chantel."

"Don't be Nick, I have good memories with him and I know that wherever he is, he's looking at me proudly."
We kept discussing different topics, the date started with a sad topic but the rest of it I spent laughing. We joked around and Nick made me laugh to the point that I couldn't breathe. He felt like a breath of fresh air. Damn I'm getting cheesy.