𝕀

My name is Chantel, Chantel Gambino. I'm 20 years old. People who look at me, see this nice girly girl. But the people who know me, know not to mess with me.

I wouldn't say I'm dangerous. I just don't deal with bullshit. I got respect for people that got respect for me, it's just as easy as that.

My whole life I was raised in Michigan, around the area of West Warren Avenue, one of the most dangerous streets in the USA. My dad Don Antonio Gambino was a drug dealer, he was respected by the whole hood we lived in. But it didn't take long before police was involved and my father was no longer living.

I lived with my mother Louise Gambino who loved my father dearly. She was the most loyal woman out there. My parents were known as Bonnie and Clyde. But unfortunately, she passed away from an overdose. That year was the worst year of my life. All of that happened 2 years ago.

I have a best friend, Catherine Paiz. Her family lives in the same hood as we did, they were extremely close to my parents, our families had their own circle and had nothing but love and trust for each other. But Catharine moved away once she found the love of her life in LA. I was so happy for her but it was hard living without her, so I decided to move to LA as well.

I soon became an influencer. Til this day, I hate saying that's my "job". I really want to pursue my career as a DJ. It's rolling on but for now, people only know me as this model from LA. I've learnt my whole life to fight for what I want and I'm not stopping now.

I live with two of my best friends that I've made since I moved to LA; Alissa, Cindy and sometimes Ricky, Alissa's boyfriend, also gets counted. I live a nice life now, in a big house, with lots of money and surrounded by people I love. I'm an independent woman, I get my own money and I definitely keep my circle small. You never mess with me and my Circle. Ever.

Current time

I got many new friends in LA since I moved here. One guy I got really close to is a guy called Zion, Zion Kuwonu. He's in a boyband called PRETTYMUCH. I haven't met the rest of the band. But this night they had a party at their place. So I'm probably getting to know everyone there.

Party's are fun. As much as I love staying inside, smoking a blunt and chilling. Party's where always my cup of tea, that's why I fell for DJ'ing, the music, the dancing, the rhythm.

I decided to go for a pretty but casual look

I decided to go for a pretty but casual look. The time was ticking and Zion is one of the most impatient people I know, so it was time for me to get out the door. I sit in my car and the whole car started ringing since my phone is connected to Bluetooth. It was Zion.

"Yes Z?"
I ask.

"You on your way already?"

"Yes Zion, chill it."
I say looking myself in the rearview mirror fixing my hair.

"Good, the guys wanna' meet you before this place get's crowded."

"Alright Zion, I'm getting there."

"Good, see ya there ceejay the DJ."
I chuckle, he always called me that, knowing about my dream career.

"Bye Caleb."

"Did you ju-"
I ended the call before he could say anything else.

15 minutes later I was in front of their place. It was really big and beautiful. Damn, this party better be lit or else I'm throwing a fit. I stood in front of the door, but before I could knock the door opened revealing a tall guy with long blond hair. He gets startled as well.

"Oh hi, sorry."
He says smiling. I smile back.

"Hi, it's all good."

"I don't think I've seen you here before. I'm Austin."
He says extending his hand for me to shake, which I do.

"Chantel."
His eyes grew a little wider.

"You're the Chantel, Zion was talking about."
He says. I nod.
"Zion!"
He yells. Soon I see the dread head guy standing in front of me.

"Chantel, you're here!"
He says excited, engulfing me into a hug. I hug him back. He drags me into the house where only a couple of people were sitting on a couch. Zion stood behind me as he introduced me to everyone.

"Chantel, this is, Izzy, Edwin, Brandon, Maggie, Ansley, Diamond, Haley, Carter And Nick."
I shake hands with everyone, the last guy, Nick, or whatever his name was, he was the only one that caught my eye. I could see his slight smirk once he saw me.
"Guys, this is Chantel."
Zion continued. I smiled at all of them. The only seat left was next to Nick. I decided to sit there.

"So Chantel, where you from?"
Maggie asked me.

"I'm from Michigan."
I say smiling at her, she seemed nice. But you should never judge a book by its cover.

"Oh really, where in Michigan?"
Edwin asked.

"West Warren Avenue area."
I say, kind of hoping no one knew how dangerous it is there.

"Oh shit."
Izzy says.
"Isn't that area really dangerous. My grandparents lived there."
She says. Well great, that didn't take long. I nod my head.

"Yup, it's pretty dangerous. You just gotta' watch out and you'll be fine though. I mean I was used to the place."
I chuckle. I could feel Nicks Eyes piercing through the side of my face. I look at him. The doorbell rang and people started coming in. In the blink of an eye, the place was crowded and music was playing loud.