@ILICETUM

ILICETUM

1) "Name?"

Allyson, or Ally.

2) "Age?"

I’ll be 22 in November.

3)" What are your hobbies?"

Ah I adore reading, and writing (obviously), I love art and history, so I spend some time diving into that as well, and photography.

4) "When did you start writing and why?"

I started writing when I was roughly 14, I began writing as a curiosity as I’d been on wattpad for a few months and then eventually I took the art quite seriously when I was about 17 and really dove into it.

5) "Which was your first story generally?"

My first story? Oh wow, it was this dark and twisted story called addiction which was about a man struggling with drug abuse. Ultimately that gave birth to my current book a dance with the devil.

6) "Do you write in some other website except Wattpad?"

I do, I have a wordpress account which I mainly use as an online journal.

7) "What has given you motive to keep on writing?"

It’s therapeutic to create these worlds for me, so that aspect really drives me to write and lose myself in these worlds I’ve created. I also just really adore seeing people enjoy my stories, it creates a little bond between me and all these people I think and that’s really motivating.

8 )"Have you ever wanted to give up everything? (writing I mean)"

Maybe once or twice, I usually just give myself breaks when I’m not feeling it.

9) "Which is your favorite story on Wattpad?"

I have a few, but illegally yours by _DaniMoon_  will always hold a little special spot in my heart.

10) "Have you gained any friendship from Wattpad? If yes, which are your Wattpad friends?"

I have for sure, there’s quite a few to name but most notable would be kat @mileysmuffins as she’s a dear friend of mine now.

11) "Do you relate with any of your characters from your books? If yes, which one and which characteristics are similar?"

I relate with every single one of my characters, in more ways than one. I base my characters of myself or people in my life so a lot of them carry little pieces of my life in them. The character I relate to the most would probably be Violet in my book a dance with the devil, I’ve imbedded a lot of myself in her character as she’s a very insecure and just a lost individual, which is based off my past self a lot so the way she acts and the way she talks is a lot like myself.

12) "What did you study /are you studying/do you want to study?"

I am currently studying animal medicine, but my goodness I’d love to just study history and art for the rest of my life to be honest.

13)" Describe yourself in 3 words."

Weird, loving and curious.

14) "What do you advise new writers?"

My advice? Do it because you love it, don’t write for the sake of writing. Pour your heart and soul onto paper and watch it unfold a universe before your eyes, adore what you write, and you’ll never tire of it. You’ll grow your writing more and more as you write and great things will happen, trust me.

15)" Questions based on ' Blue ': How were you inspired to write this story?"

I was inspired by two things for blue, my favourite artist Halsey and my first relationship.

16)" Who's your favourite character in the book and why?

I love Harry... Like he’s obviously a version of Harry Styles so what’s not to love? But honestly, I just created this entirely new character that just kind of looks like Harry Styles and obviously has the same name. My Harry is just a great character developed from a real person, even with his flaws he’s one of my favourite characters I’ve ever written.

17)"If you were asked to publish your book , would you do it?"

Oh yes, I would love to in the future to be honest.

18)"Which is your favourite  a)funny b)dramatic, c) romantic, d) sad scene in the book ?"

a) There’s a scene where Harry is hanging out with his friends, smoking and talking about nonsense and it’s really one of my favourite scenes in general because of the humour and the idiocy of these teenage boys I have written.

b) Probably the scene where my main character Lola get’s hurt in a fight her boyfriend is in, it’s a dramatic scene that finally opens this curtain into their relationship and sets the path for her to finally fall for Harry.

c) When my main characters Harry and Lola kiss for the very first time, the build-up to this scene was full of drama and fights and then when they finally kiss everything dissolves for the two. The scene is simple, but it always makes me smile, something so tender and romantic in those simple scenes and this one is a perfect example.

d) The saddest scene I think I’ll ever write was in this book and it was a funeral scene where Harry spoke about his best friend who’d just passed away suddenly, I made myself cry with that scene.

19) " A phrase or a scene that you write and you'll never forget.(and why)"

The preface of blue was something I’d written long before I began to write the book, and that entire page is something I’ll never forget easily.

20) " How much time did it take to plan the whole plot? "

The entire plot was sort of an ongoing thing and changed a lot, but my base plot was planned in under a week.

21)" How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?"

I have one story sitting in unpublished.

22) "Any spoilers for future plans?"

Honestly, I don’t know myself, but, more stories will be coming.

23)" What would be that one thing that you could change in the storyline that could change eventually the whole story?"

Lola never notices Harry.

CRITICAL QUESTIONS

1) "You’re a mad scientist, what scientific experiment would you run if money and ethics weren’t an issue?"

An experiment? Probably the obvious, to simply save our planet.

2) "If someone asked to be your apprentice and learn all that you know, what would you teach them?"

Oh man, this is a hard one, I guess if someone wanted to learn all they could from me I’d first start by making them read all the great novels I have read, they taught me so many things about the world it would be crucial for them to know what I know. Then I suppose I’d let them sit with me while I work or something along those lines and explain everything I could to them, about my process and how my mind works. And lastly, I’d give them all the advice I’d beg to give my past self, and teach them everything I know about the world.

Thank you so much ILICETUM!!❤❤

All the love,
M.