@highonlou

highonlou

1) "Name?"

Caroline.

2) "Age?"

20.

3)" What are your hobbies?"

Reading, writing, listening to musicals, watching tv haha.

4) "When did you start writing and why?"

I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember, but I didn’t take it seriously until about 2015. I’ve always loved coming up with stories and characters, and being able to escape into a world that I created.

5) "Which was your first story generally?"

My first story ever was something I wrote in like third grade, but my first story on Wattpad was a Niall fic. It was about an agent who was part of a task force that tracked down criminals and it was horrendous.

6) "Do you write in some other website except Wattpad?"

No, just Wattpad.

7) "What has given you motive to keep on writing?"

Definitely the readers, although I feel I’ve let them down with my recent absence and the fact that Crossed Hearts is still without an epilogue (I’m sorry!!)

8 )"Have you ever wanted to give up everything? (writing I mean)"

Not writing in general, but writing on Wattpad.

9) "Which is your favorite story on Wattpad?"

If I’m totally honest, I don’t really read on Wattpad anymore, but the one that kickstarted my love for historical fiction is Bluebird by @purelyhxrry. It’s a really great story.

10) "Have you gained any friendship from Wattpad? If yes, which are your Wattpad friends?"

Yes! @macklemcvey and @louvrem <3

11) "Do you relate with any of your characters from your books? If yes, which one and which characteristics are similar?"

I tend to write characters (especially leading ladies) very different from myself, but Beatrice from Capsize has a lot of me in her. She’s very naïve and inexperienced in love and life.

12) "What did you study /are you studying/do you want to study?"

I’m majoring in early childhood education with a minor in sociology.

13)" Describe yourself in 3 words."

Empathetic, hesitant, and creative.

14) "What do you advise new writers?"

Write about what you love and don’t make excuses! If you want to write, then write. There’s nothing stopping you.

15)" Questions based on ' Capsize' :  How were you inspired to write this story?"

I love history and period dramas. After watching Elizabeth: The Golden Age, I was inspired by the love story of Sir Walter Raleigh and Lady Elizabeth Throckmorton, and it went from there!

16)" Who's your favourite character in the book and why? "

I’d have to say either Beatrice or Elizabeth. Beatrice because I see myself in her and Elizabeth because she was so much fun to write.

17)"If you were asked to publish your book , would you do it?"

I think so, yes. I really want one of my books to be published one day, but at the same time Capsize has many flaws.

18)"Which is your favourite a)  funny,  b) dramatic,  c) romantic, d) sad scene in the book ?"

Funny: When Beatrice overhears Elizabeth and Walter getting it on. She has no idea what’s happening and it’s quite funny to me

Dramatic: I don’t wanna spoil it for anyone who hasn’t read, but when Elizabeth confronts Celia about a secret.

Romantic: Probably the beach scene.

Sad: There are a lot of sad moments, but I think the scene where one of the characters is being escorted to the Tower is my favorite.

19) " A phrase or a scene that you write and you'll never forget.(and why)"

The scene where a character is walking up the staircase of the Tower. They reflect on how the other people who had been imprisoned there in the past must have felt as they took the same route, and I really love that scene.

20) " How much time did it take to plan the whole plot?"

Not very long. I didn’t really have an in-depth plan, I just knew certain plot points and expanded as I wrote.

21)" How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?"

Oh gosh, an embarrassingly high amount. Like almost 100 lol.

22) "Any spoilers for future plans?"

I’m currently working on a historical fiction book set in 18th century France. It follows a young woman who was raised in a brothel. On her twentieth birthday, she is taken to the Palace of Versailles to be the official mistress of a man, but there are underlying reasons for her being there.

23) " Choose- 'challenge' two writers that you want to know about to do this interview like you."

@louvrem @kiwistyles_xo

CRITICAL QUESTIONS

1) "What is the funniest joke you know by heart?"

Comedy isn’t my specialty unfortunately lol I don’t have any jokes memorized.

2)" In 40 years, what will people be nostalgic for?"

Maybe social media? I don’t know I feel like it’s gonna be replaced by something and I think we’re all gonna reminisce on the memes we used to see on twitter lol.

Thank you so much highonlou !! ❤❤

All the love,
M.