CH. 32: Leave the bad in the past - live the future with you (Part 1)

Dear All,

As I promised, here comes CH.32, BUT, since it came out VERY long and with many aspects that had to be properly addressed, I had to divide it into two parts. I am still working on Part 2 that needs something extra and checking, so, I believe I can post it around middle of the coming week.

I hope you will enjoy the chapter, so I'll be looking forward to reading your comments and messages, which I absolutely adore. Thank you very much for them, you are all wonderful and very kind readers 😊

I have been asked how to know when a story is updated, so if you like an author or a story in particular, please do follow the author and save the story in your reading list, which will guarantee you to be always up-to-date.

Now, the chapter is filled with many emotions and maybe some parts are slightly long, but I can assure it was done on purpose, because I don't believe that some episodes and facts can be easily washed away in a couple of pages. Some emotions and traumas need more than that. I hope you agree and understand it.

I would like to dedicate this chapter to all of you and in particular to MistakesAndSadness as a big, sincere THANK YOU for your constant support and for your kindness, for your lovely comments that I really enjoy reading 😊

As song, I chose one I already used, but that felt right in this particular chapter, given what happens. Please be kind in judging the quite awful banner as I am the "artist" and obviously, I suck big time at that XD. As for the small quote, I am currently re-reading "The Lord of the Rings" for the nth time, so that seemed to fit here perfectly.

Enjoy the chapter and stay tuned for PART 2!

"I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil", by JRR Tolkien in 'The Lord of the Rings – The Return of the King'

ANATOLY POV:

I stared at that piece of shit lying on the floor after being shot by Oleg, who threw himself in front of me to protect me, as I wore no bulletproof vest. Because, as he said, it was his damn duty to risk his life for me...yeah, his duty as my partner, as I had tried before to also defend him and help him as much as I could.

When the bullets reached him, even knowing he surely wore the bulletproof vest, my heart shattered, and my soul almost died. What if the bullets would go past that? Would if they would shoot him in the head? I knew I was crying back there, and he felt it, and I couldn't care less. I felt like dying when they shot him in front of my eyes and I just wanted to pay this sick piece of junk back.

I stared at that fucking psycho lying on the floor who had dared to shoot at my man and my blood howled and wildly boiled in my veins, demanding to kill Caden right there on the spot. It was fair and it was what I wished to do with all my heart. With one bullet he would be gone and out of everyone's life. Who was going to miss such a twisted piece of human trash? Nobody.

He had aimed his gun at me, wanting to kill me, but instead of that he almost got Oleg, who had the damn cold blood to react immediately, opening fire back and get that madman down. I didn't even remember if I screamed, because I couldn't believe he had been shot, not until he fell on top of me and his warm blood touched me. Then I completely, fucking freaked out.

No Oleg, not him...no, fucking no please.

I called his name, out of my mind, not sure whether my heart was beating or if it had exploded in pure and maddening fear, seeing him lying on the floor, until he said something to me and I could see he was alive and breathing, nothing vital damaged or hit.