CH.31: In the Spider's Web

Dear All,

FINALLY (!!!) I am posting CH.31 today, as promised yesterday, and I really hope you will enjoy it! Well, it is very long and to give you an idea: 23 pages and 18126 words. So yeah, you will have a lot to read. I can anticipate that also CH.32 will be quite long, as it will wrap things up and lead us to the conclusion of this story. Do not be sad, please. Every story, sooner or later, has to meet its conclusion.

I am very, sincerely and deeply sorry for having made you wait so long for an update, but you already know what happened and that the past months had not been very easy. However, here I am, because I love writing and because you dear readers deserve my motivation and devotion to my stories, for I want obviously to complete them and have you enjoy them.

I would like to thank you all from my heart, especially who wrote me messages and comments a couple of weeks ago, because believe me your love meant a lot to me.

Now, without further delay, please do enjoy this chapter that will finally conclude Anatoly's journey and challenges. I won't say much about it, aside to be ready for action and strong emotions. Please, let me know what you think of it as usual with your votes, comments and messages; feedbacks are always welcomed, and they actually help a lot!

One small thing: I report rude comments, both aimed at my characters and stories and at other readers' opinions and comments. So please, always keep a kind and polite attitude while approaching stories and other fellow readers.

I would like to dedicate this to all of you, and in particular to AerilistaryliaSae as a big, sincere THANK YOU for your support to my stories, for your being a really devoted re-reader, for your comments and feedbacks, for your messages and for your kind, sweet support in general.

And now, enjoy the new chapter!

"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight", Chinese Proverb.

VINCENT POV:

I lay down for a few days after having called that man called Oleg, understanding he wasn't exactly happy about my asking around and he might have been right, but with my position in the gang, it was easy to get some shit out of them and Ben was a singer once properly drunk. The quantity of shit he sang out was impressive and I wanted to press for more, but more people joined, and I just couldn't risk it too much. With an excuse of having to meet with a girl, I left for a while and made the call, but something in my guts told me to get back soon.

Skull and the other one always following him like a puppy definitely kept an eye on me and I still had to get my revenge on them, especially on Skull, for what he had done to Anatoly months ago, for having given him shit, for representing a menace to him and especially, for what he had done to me right after Anatoly joined the gang. He sold me away for pure fun and I found myself in real deep crap, unable to get the hell out of that and somehow, fucking everything up.

That piece of shit really fucked me up big time and not sure if I'd ever be able to let it go.

I had no idea whether the two things were related or not, because Skull never seemed a very bright guy to me, but Caden? He was sick, yes, but he was also scaring smart in his own twisted way and too late I realised he might have seen things the other had missed.

Had he suspected something about me or about us two? No, maybe not, but the point was that I couldn't say a word to Anatoly, because I felt like garbage. I should have said no, but instead, I went for it...but then again, was I even in the position of saying no? Not so sure about it. I sighed out and ran both my hands in my hair. No, I was in no position to refuse it, no matter how it made me feel and no matter how it fucked me up, how it fucked everything up. What if that lunatic suspected something? Maybe not and maybe he just saw that Anatoly and I became friends.