CH. 27: Kept promises, crumbling lies, wielded punishment

Dear All,

As I promised the other day, here comes CH.27 :-) As I already explained, it came out VERY long and so, I split it two chapters. Sunday I will post CH.28

I am sorry for the long wait, but I many times explained why it takes time writing a chapter for me. I am very grateful for your support and patience and love: you are all absolutely fantastic!

I really hope you will enjoy this chapter and you will see, also CH.28 will be very emotional and charged as this one. So, please let me know what you think of it with your comments, votes and messages that I love to read and reply: THANK YOU!

I would like to dedicate this chapter to all of you and in particular to marsnvic because I know you were waiting long for this confrontation and because I really appreciate your comments: THANK YOU!

A picture of Oleg looking scary and a song that in my opinion seemed to fit this particular chapter.

P.s. Some of you asked me how I pick the quotes. Well, I read pretty much all the books and manga mentioned and watched the anime. Thus, I went back to points that particularly caught my attention or that fit the chapters. For the unknown authors, I searched on the internet according to the chapter and what it inspired me.

And now, enjoy it!

"The man who has a conscience suffers whilst acknowledging his sin. That is his punishment." By Fyodor Dostoyevsky in 'Crime and Punishment'

ANATOLY POV:

When we arrived at the Police station, my parents were there already and, as soon as my mum saw us, she literally ran toward us and hugged me so tightly that I was afraid she could snap my neck. She was slightly shaking, and I felt my arms automatically and spontaneously going around her much smaller body. I couldn't possibly imagine what she went through.

"I'm fine, nothing really happened to me, because Oleg really saved my ass and..."

I shut my eyes closed a moment and swallowed down the burning rage I still had very fresh and very dangerous roaring in my heart and mind. I wished I could put my hands on that bitch, but it would've only made things worse. Oleg clearly told me that it was very easy to pass on the wrong side, if badly played, and he explained he had no intentions of letting her go. So, I swallowed my thundering wrath and tried to calm mum down. She then softly chuckled and pulled back, caressing my face tenderly. It didn't bother me and I couldn't give a rat's ass that other people were around.

"I'm really fine, mum, but Oleg's Ducati isn't really fine," I added with a rather pissed off tone and she didn't miss it.

But instead of replying me, she gave me a smile and kissed my cheek, for then pulling away and moving her eyes on Oleg, who stood there in his usual silent and rather intimidating way, observing mum with an unreadable expression. I wished I could read into his stubborn and impassive mind, but hell if I had that super power, but well, it wouldn't take much to guess what was going on in there.

I went to talk, but mum surprised both of us by hugging him in the same way she did with me. That impassive bastard widened his eyes in a way I had never seen before and his face clearly showed the surprise brought by that very simple, yet meaningful gesture. Obviously, he soon recomposed himself and for a second or two, he clearly didn't know how to respond it. We shared a quick look and then, he momentary let one arm go around my mother's shoulders.

I looked at them and no freaking way I could hide my smile. Amazing: she had won his heart with that and I knew what it meant for him and what emotions surely moved in him. I smiled more and shook my head, because in that moment I wished I had a camera with me to immortalize his expression.