CH.2 Sneak-Peek and Shout-Outs

Dear all, I feel bad because I couldn't update the story yet and believe it or not, I cannot find the time to complete the chapter. That's overly frustrating! But.. tomorrow I shall finally be able to post it :-)

So, for now I will give a short sneak-peek of CH. 2 and then SHOUT-OUTS to new stories and writers and please: CHECK THEM OUT! Let's support new stories and writers!

On the right, a jaws-dropping banner DerreckSanchez made for me, thanks Dee xox

Enjoy and tomorrow NEW CHAPTER COMING OUT!

NOW: SHOUT-OUTS TO:

1) JazzMalik1D: "HIDDEN IN THESE WALLS"  [Zarry AU] for 1D fans!

2) VirginiaKenney: "THE UNDESIRED" a WEREWOLF/VAMPIRE story!

3) HarryFanFic69: "WHEN COLD MEETS DARK" a Harry Styles fanfic for 1D fans!

SNEAK-PEEK CH.2:

OLEG POV:

“Will you have dinner with us, then?”

I reflected a moment and then answered.

“Thank you, sir.” I nodded and then his mobile phone rang and it was Mrs. Denisov. I focused to the road to give them privacy. When the conversation was over, I felt his stare on me and so I inquired whether everything was fine. “Sir, may I ask whether all is good?”

“Yes, all is fine. She just called me after hearing the evening news. Apparently they announced the final sentence and they have sentenced that man for only twenty years; that is not enough, especially for what he did to those children and tried to do to my son.” His stare had darkened and got harder and I understood what he was feeling, because when he spoke those words my hands almost crushed the steering wheel.

That vermin deserved to rot in jail for his entire life and not for only twenty years, given they could be less if he behaved as a model convict. But then I smirked and thought about something.

“He will not make it; twenty years is a long time in prison for someone like him.”

Mr. Denisov glanced at me and then nodded, understanding what I meant.

“I believe you are right.” He simply said and paused a moment to think about something, which I already knew what that was. “Has my son asked you anything?”

“When the news was reported for the first time, after I took care of that man, he asked, but I said nothing, sir.” He didn’t want his son involved and the same applied to me. I made sure nothing could be related to Anatoly and it went according the plan. I would not allow anything to give him further pain and sorrow, and that was why I was keeping a close eye on that gang, but given everything was calm I decided to do nothing for the moment.

“Thank you. I want him out of everything, but I am afraid he might ask for more, especially after hearing today’ news. He is just so stubborn.” He shook his head, but then smiled.

“Do you require me to say anything specific, sir?”

“No, but thank you for asking. I will leave it to your personal judgment.” I simply nodded at his words.

We reached his residence and after making sure everything for the following day was organized and arranged as planned, I excused myself a moment to retire in my quarters. I removed the suit, shirt and tie and wore a simple pair of old army cargo pants and a sleeveless undershirt, as I wanted to exercise a bit before dinner. We had been busy with a new contract and therefore had no time in days to meet with a couple of guys for our usual training. I jumped the rope for a few minutes, just to warm my body up, and then did the basic stretching for then sitting at the bench press; my hands closed around the bar and my arms began to lift it following the rhythm of my breathing.

I lifted weights for fifteen minutes, feeling the sweat rolling down my neck and back. I stopped to move to the other bench and do sit-ups. After a certain number of sit-ups the door of my room opened up and I didn’t need to look at that to see who was standing there. None of us said a word, as I continued in my routine and Anatoly closed the door behind him, simply leaning on it. He had of course heard about the sentence and I knew this moment would come, sooner or later. Mr. Denisov let me deal with it as I judged best and in my opinion keeping everything hidden and sealed would do no good, especially with someone like Anatoly, who was not going to give up that easily.

I felt his eyes on me and I sighed trying to understand why he had to punctually come and talk right in the middle of my exercises, but it probably was the only favorable moment. He moved to my bed and when my eyes quickly glanced at him they caught his stare. It was concentrated on a particular tattoo on my right arm, one particular ink I made when I was in the army. Anatoly shifted his gaze on me and when our eyes crossed, he rolled his and grunted something.

“Are you going to ignore me?” He asked with his usual mocking tone. I answered nothing as I knew it upset him and at the same time made him cool down. He was a contrasting person under some aspects and you had to know how to take some of his sides. “Fine, ignore me, impassive bastard.” I let that word pass, as it was one of his favorite epithets and reacting would only fuel his bratty behavior. He snorted and then pushed himself up, going to walk right beside me. “I know I am annoying you now, but I need to ask you something, but you keep ignoring me.”

I smirked at his annoyed expression and he saw it, because he grumbled something and then planted right in front of me.

“Are you going to fucking talk to me or not?”

He sure had quite the temper. I smirked another time and answered while keeping the same rhythm of the sit-ups.

"You are the one that came to my quarters without saying a word or greeting and without knocking the door. You think you can go in and out as you please?"

Author's chit-chat:

Your first thoughts on this? Do not worry, it will not become an habit, it's just for today.

TOMORROW I will update the entire chapter :-)

If you want me to give shout-outs to your stories, let me know!