CH. 23: A resolute promise

Dear All,

as I promised, today I am posting CH.23 of "Loving You is Forbidden" that originally should have been part of CH.22, but as you know I decided to divide it in two separate chapters.

I really hope you will enjoy it because we have many things in here :-) so I'll be looking forward to reading your lovely comments!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR FANTASTIC SUPPORT AND LOVE!

I would like to dedicate this chapter to all of you as thank you and in particular to whitneypooh79 because I think you'll like this chapter given your last comments and as a special thank you for your support and for re-reading my stories so many times.

Here we have a picture of our sweet Viola (--> beautiful Leda Monster Bunny) taking a picture for...we all know ;) I selected a song that I think has a rhythm that will well match this chapter, in particular the interaction between Oleg and Anatoly.

I am so happy many of you really love the character of Oleg! That's great, thank you!

And now, enjoy it!

"A heart's a heavy burden", by Diana Wynne Jones in 'Howl's Moving Castle'

ANATOLY POV:

When I reached home after school, I ran to the kitchen because I was freaking starving; my parents weren't around but mum had prepared some food for my brother and I just in case, knowing us two bottomless pits very well. Dima joined me as soon as he got back from college and we stuffed our mouths while we played The Witcher. I kicked his ass a couple of times obviously, but he also managed to wipe the floor with mine; apparently the chipmunk was good at this game and taught a couple of tricks to my doofus twin. While we played, I told him about the accident in school and he stopped playing, suddenly cursing out loud twice in a row for two reasons: first time, he was mad at the fact someone tried to drug me another time with the same shit and then, because he had lost the game. I didn't manage to contain my laugh and because of that he first punched my arm and after followed me in that.

"But you didn't drink it, right?" He asked as he sat down and shoved a huge handful of nachos in his mouth. My eyes widened a moment at seeing his mouth entirely stuffed and munching like a pig: I ate a lot, but I would never reach Dima's levels.

"No, I spat it out as soon as I realised that water doesn't taste that bitter and fucked-up. This time the dose was higher, because it tasted terribly."

I played with an earring for a moment and thought about what Sergey and Adrian said. It really appeared like this one really had it against drugs and I tried to squeeze my brain thinking about anybody in school that had a known reason or past incident, or tragedies or whatever the hell could explain this. The second attempt made clear that it was somebody around me and that knew my schedule or such. I had to think harder and I had to talk with Oleg.

God I hated this! Why couldn't I simply enjoy some normal peace and quiet? Why couldn't I simply go normally out with my man without having my mind full of crap? What an incredible and stupid moron I had been that day I decided to join the gang. Ahhh...I should have known that my past was going to taunt me. Which meant this mess had to be solved fast. I had enough of this shit. Yeah, complaining was not the solution. I was actually damn lucky I had Oleg beside me and my family supporting me like they did. Yeah, I had no reasons to whine like an annoying brat: years ago I made a huge mistake and now the moment of solving this crap arrived.