CH. 24: Fortunate to be with you

Dear All,

As I anticipated in my message, today I am posting a part of the new chapter that came out VERY long and that I decided to split for obvious reasons in two different chapters. I wanted to update earlier, but Wattpad did not work. I hope you will all receive the notification, given the issues and glitches experienced during these days.

Sorry for the tremendous delay but I had been simply very busy and some personal things also added in. Please, do not think that I lost my interest and love in writing my stories: ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE! I love writing and I love writing these stories :-)

Now, this chapter concerns many things and in particular most of  their date, as part of it will be in CH.25 posted either tomorrow or Tuesday. (Be ready for another LONG and emotion-filled chapter ^^)

I would like to thank each of you for your messages, for your incredible love and support and for the magic you give me: THANK YOU! I hope you will enjoy this chapter and I will look forward to reading your comments, so let me  know!

I would like to dedicate this chapter to everyone and in particular to 1qa2wszx as a big THANK YOU for your comments and votes, for always sharing your emtions about the chapters and also because, I think you'll like to learn more about Marlon.
I picked a picture of Anatoly (--> very very handsome Alexander Ludwig) to give an idea how elegant he looks, even though we need to use our imagination in terms of shirt, earrings and such..Tolya looks quite different of course :-) As song, one that fits the chapter and also somehow, the romantic idea Tolya has of their love.

And now, enjoy it!

"There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights", by Bram Stoker in 'Dracula'

OLEG POV:

My instinct and attention were caught by a name while I went through the files in my laptop, after having excluded others for obvious reasons, given nothing was found about them and they had no motives to threaten Anatoly. Somehow this name seemed very clean and in the impossibility of being connected to Anatoly's school incidents, but I could see the person was the parent of a student attending Anatoly's school. I wondered if he knew him, even though they were two years apart in terms of age, and I wondered whether something happened in the past between them. I will have to ask him directly after our date, for I did not wish to ruin the atmosphere and burden him even more.

Could it be related that the parent was part of the teaching body? No, that was not the reason. There was something deeper and something different, because the actions taken against Anatoly proved a rather disturbed mind in the sense that they wanted him heavily harmed or worse.

However, what my friend working at that private clinic told me about the content of the drink I brought him last night for a test left me slightly perplexed and that because the substance used was different than the one utilized the first time. I was expecting the same drug or another similar kind, but not a medicine. Obviously no finger prints, aside Anatoly's, were found on the bottle and it did not surprise me.

He told me that a very strong drug against depression had been found in the water and in a dose that could have caused serious and very harming poisoning on whoever drank it. I closed my eyes a moment and shook my head, thanking God for having made Anatoly spit it out before swallowing it down. I had searched the places of some persons and nothing led them to these facts and for a moment, this morning, I felt as if I were going into endless circles. It was not easy to move around and I had to do it with extreme caution and care, for I could not afford to make mistakes or point out the wrong person.

Time was ticking away every single day and I was well aware of it, yet I had to impose calm on myself and on my personal emotions.

I checked the time and decided to drive to Marlon, as he was working today for another case; after having lost his fiancé years ago to an incurable form of cancer, he buried himself entirely into work. I understood the feeling of loss, for it was what I felt when my grandmother died. I also decided to spend longer time in the Army, feeling the responsibility of having to provide for my family even more.