52 - It Never Ends

"I've said it once, I've said it twice.. I've said it a thousand f*cking times! That I'm okay, that I'm fine.. That it's all just in my mind!" ~ It Never Ends - Bring Me The Horizon

The sun began to rise in the horizon as Jeff and Rochelle walked out the hospital, hand in hand, covered in blood. They knew someone would arrive at the hospital soon, a worker, a patient, a police officer, anyone. But if anyone saw them leaving the scene, they knew they'd be found. So, they had to run. 

 "Come on, Rocky. We have to go!" Jeff said, dragging Rochelle along the path, dripping blood everywhere. 

 "We can't go yet! We haven't found dad!" Rochelle yelled, digging her feet into the ground to stop Jeff pulling her. "You said he was with you, right?" Jeff nodded slowly and turned his head to his left, looking at something in between two trees. 

 "There he is." Jeff said, pointing to the tall, dark figure standing in the shadows, three shadows behind the tall one, messing around. 

 "Dad!" Rochelle yelled, starting to run towards her 'father'. After about three steps, Rochelle's leg gave way, and she came tumbling to the ground. "Sh*t, my leg!"  Rochelle yelped, holding the, now massive, gauze on her leg, trying to stop it from bleeding.

 "Rocky! What's wrong with your leg?" Jeff asked, sliding across the tarmac towards Rochelle.  As Jeff slid over to Rochelle, Eyeless Jack and Laughing Jack ran across to her, leaving Slender Man in the shadows. 

 "I-I cut it somehow when I was r-running through the forest, a-away from the mansion.." Rochelle replied, shaking as she spoke, a blood red tear trickling down her cheek. Jeff nodded and looked at the gauze on her leg, touching it gently. "Oww." Rochelle yelped again, pushing Jeff away harshly. 

 "We need to get her home." Eyeless Jack said, walking around Rochelle, looking closely at the bloody gauze. 

 "Okay." Jeff said, putting his arms around Rochelle, picking her up and carrying her bridal style into the shadows where her 'father' was still standing. 

 "I highly doubt one of my trees would do that to you." Slender Man announced, starting to walk off into the forest. 

 "Your trees? They do not belong to you, dad.. A-and they can do whatever t-they want." Rochelle said, trying to hold back the tears as she wiped the blood away from her leg. 

 "Can we just get Rocky home?" Jeff spoke up, walking fast as he carried Rochelle in his arms, covering her in the dried blood that remained on his hoodie. After about 40 minutes of fast walking, they arrived back at the mansion. 

 "Hellow!" Sally yelled as they all walked in the front door. As soon as Sally's eyes landed on Rochelle's leg, Sally pulled a face. "What happened to your leg?" 

 "I c-cut it.." Rochelle replied as Jeff set her down on the sofa, pulling a white blanket over her body, covering the blanket in blood. 

 "That was a perfectly good white blanket! Why did you make it dirty, Jeffrey?" Slender Man asked, his hands on his hips. To be honest, it sounded like he was on his period, which we all know is impossible. 

 "Sorry, but she's had a rough couple of days! I mean, she killed four people!" Jeff said, pretending to tuck Rochelle in if you know what I mean. 

 "Wait, I thought Jeff killed all those people!?" Laughing Jack shouted, shocked. 

 "No, it was Rocky... She's awesome." Jeff said, kissing Rochelle's forehead. "We'll get you better, I promise."