35 - All the small things.

The night was young. The rain was pouring onto the trees, onto the roof of the mansion and into the freshly made puddles. Black clouds surrounded the bright moon, never letting light through. Wondering around the forest was Rochelle, Jeff and Slender Man. As you can probably guess, they were soaked. They had no umbrella, no rain coat and no shelter. They were drenched! They were out in the forest looking for one of Slender Man's ties which he had lost the previous night while after an eight year old boy who had gotten lost and some how ended up in the forest. Rochelle, Jeff and Slender Man had been out there for hours. It was freezing, cold and windy. Rochelle did not know her way around the forest, so she didn't really want to get lost.

"Dad, we've been looking for hours!! Can we just go home already?" Rochelle whined, hugging herself, trying to get a little warmer.

"No, I need it." Slender Man replied, lifting up several tree branches looking for his red tie.

"No, you don't. You have loads exactly the same. This is an amazing birthday, dad." Rochelle said, being sarcastic, folding her arms. Yes, it was her birthday. Seventeen today. Time flys past, doesn't it? I still remember when she was a baby. Now that makes me sound old.

"I'm sorry, Rochelle. I'll make up for it when we get back, okay?" Slender Man replied, continuing to look for his tie. It was hopeless. They were never going to find it. It was obvious.

"Sure you will, dad, just like every other time you promised." Rochelle rolled her eyes, grabbing Jeff's soaking wet hand (I didn't mean for that to sound wrong, you dirty minded people!!). "Come on, Jeff. Me and you are going somewhere. We'll be back tomorrow or the day after." Rochelle added, beginning to drag Jeff in the direction of trees. Slender Man watched them as they disappeared into the trees. He didn't know what to do or say, but he sort of knew what they were gonna do...

Jeff and Rochelle walked for a while until they found a small shed, not much bigger than a single bed or a dresser. It was made from damp, moldy wood and it was falling apart. As you can probably guess, it looked horrible. They decided to go inside anyway. I guess it was because it was shelter after all, and that's what they really wanted.

Back at the mansion, Slender Man didn't care about his tie, he was more worried about his daughter and Jeff. He had no idea where they were or what they were doing. Deep inside, Slender Man knew it was his fault. There was nothing he could do now.

"Hoodie, Masky, come here." Slender Man called, ignoring BEN on his Zelda game. Hoodie and Masky then appeared by Slender Man's side, which they do. "I need you to find Jeffrey and Rochelle." He simply said and they were off.

"Slendy, where'd they go?" BEN asked, looking away from his game for a second.

"I don't know, thats why I sent Masky and Hoodie out to find them. I'm worried they might do something.... bad." Slender Man answered, lowering his head. BEN nodded and went back to his game. Slender Man had never been this upset. Not only about the fact he'd lost his daughter, but about the fact that he'd ruined his daughters birthday....