43: UNNAMED, UNKNOWN

In which [Name] becomes aware of how much damage she's really caused.

*serious chapter!

_______

"YOU TALKED ABOUT PROTECTING THE STUDENTS TO YOUR BEST ABILITY, ERASERHEAD... YET AT the Villain Attack, you urged them to fight. What was your reasoning?"

"Allowing the students to use their quirks as self-defense could have protected them from a worse possible outcome," Aizawa said monotonously.

It was a dull morning, and the annoyingly bright conference room was packed with people. A stern-faced man was at the microphone asking questions. Aizawa would truthfully rather be out looking for his abducted student and daughter, but he was forced to stay here on Nezu's commands and answer to the public while the police did their job of finding the two.

"And what would that outcome be?" The man asked.

"To be honest, we were sure that the villain's intentions were to torture and kill every single student. However, a majority of the injuries were caused by the gas attacks, and all of those students are stable. We are offering mental counseling to the students, but there are no major of physiological trauma so far."

"Oh, so you're looking at the bright side of this?"

"It's good to know that an entire class of future heroes still has a future," Nezu stated.

"But can you say that for the abducted?" The man said. "Bakugo. He survived the slime villain attack and got into U.A with high grades and enormous talent, but displays much violence and has problems holding in his temper. Perhaps that's why the villains abducted him." The reporter slandered.

"As Bakugo's teacher, I take full responsibility for not taming his temper." Aizawa said calmly.

"And [Name] [L. Name]." The reporter continued.

Aizawa's eye twitched ever so slightly.

"Recently gaining the attention of the media after USJ, she's been quite the talk. Apparently, the villains have been searching for her since the USJ incident, yet someone's lapse in judgment allowed her to stay at U.A, which posed a threat to all the other students."

"Of course U.A goes through a lot to keep identities and pasts of their students hidden from the media, but it was recently exposed to the public that [Name] [L. Name] is, in fact, YOUR legally adopted daughter."

The reporter turned to face the crowd of people, hateful passion fueling his eyes.

"You all don't even know who your sons and daughters are going to school with. It was uncovered that [Name] [L. Name] was born on nonexistent Island XX, foreign territory where quirks were highly illegal at the time, to an unnamed and deceased mother and father. She took part in VILLAIN-LED Quirk Mutation experiments. This horrific set of experiments were known as Quirk Transplant AE273. After the experiments, she became highly unstable and destroyed the island. THE ENTIRE ISLAND. There are no citizens left and the entire incident was covered up by the major world governments. This display of power was shown in the Sports Festival, which proves she has no power over her quirk and is a dangerous weapon. The villains just want her back. How can you stand here and say she has a future?"

Collective murmurs started to firm in the crowd. Signs of concern, anger, sympathy, and everything in between flashed on people's faces. The reporter turned to Aizawa, smirking.

Aizawa clenched his fists tightly, gritting his teeth. Vlad spared him a concerned glance.

But he wouldn't let the media win. Aizawa stood up calmly and took a bow.