67: end.

In which we finally receive the goodbyes we were owed years ago. 

______

-Two, Sleeping at Last 

_____

Harsh, flourescent lights burned into [Name]'s blurry vision. She sat up, and a sharp pain rocked her head as she felt her blood coursing through her veins once more. Only after a couple of seconds of processing the fact that she was alive, did [Name] notice that blaring music in the background was quite literally causing her ears to bleed. 

"EVERYONE! SHE'S OKAY!" [Name] heard a familiar voice yell. Fluffy green hair came into view. Midoriya, clutching [Name]'s shoulders, with a relieved look on his face.

"I feel like shit. What happened?" [Name] groaned. "Am I on a mission? Did I almost die?"

"Nah, you just blacked out at our high school reunion," Kirishima said. "You got FUCKED UP."

"Damn..." [Name] looked around, uncomfortably. 

She was tired, grumpy, and nothing short of a mess, just like she used to be. But she had grown considerably, and it wasn't just that her [h/c] hair that was in a slightly different hairstyle, or her change in wardrobe, which was an upgrade from the dumbest fucking clothing about 'I love hot dads' and whatnot. 

It had been years since [Name] had stepped foot on UA's campus.

Seven years ago, [Name] had decided that she was truly not happy. Of course, she always knew that in the back of her mind. A rough childhood, mental problems, the desperate need for a REALLY GOOD therapist– that was all obvious, from the start. [Name] knew that distracting herself by whoever made her heart beat out of control, hot pockets, and whatever else was only hurting those around her.

[Name] had almost died, multiple times. Probably almost every week in her life. This bitch could NOT catch a break. And it was exhausting. Sometimes, [Name] felt that she FELT too much.

It was time for a change.

[Name] graduated early. She for once, studied her ass off and completed all that was required of her. She then went on to travel the world, became somewhat of a vigilante, and help those in need. Specifically, those who had a background like hers- children who were hunted because of their quirks.

But now, here she was again, getting shitfaced in Yaoyorozu Momo's million-dollar basement.

"Dude, who's the DJ? This music is so ass." [Name] deadpanned.

"Sorry pookie, I'll do better next time 🥺," Kaminari cried.

Truth is, [Name] wasn't ready to face her friends. She left UA without a proper warning, and boy, did that break quite a few hearts. Everyone's in fact. Bakugo and Midoriya stopped fighting. Kaminari didn't smile as much as he used to, nor did he flirt with everyone he saw. Kirishima refused to throw away his red hoodie that [Name] had borrowed all those years ago no matter how crusty it got, and as time went on, the black roots of his dyed hair began to show. Todoroki couldn't use his fire quirk without his mind wandering to the girl who once gave him a kind of warmth he didn't flinch away from.