20: ETHEREAL

In which an innocent boy is saved by an angel.

_______

ALL JOKES ASIDE, [NAME] WAS REALLY FUCKING NERVOUS. This was, now that she thought about it, the first time she was going to fight Todoroki. She knew that he was strong and could control his quirk the best out of probably everyone in the 1-A.

Would he go easy on her?

"No. He won't. And I don't want him to," The girl clenched her fist. If Todoroki was going to beat her, she wanted him to beat her at his max power. Her mind wandered back to why he never used his left side, and she felt a bit sad for him.

Lost in thought, the (h/c) haired girl failed to see a dark, shadowy figure walking in front of her. As she bumped into a firm and broad chest, she looked up and suddenly paled.

He was tall. Much taller than how he looked in TV and magazines. And muscled, too. If he wanted, he could grab [Name]'s head with his hand and crush her skull in half, right on the spot. His turquoise eyes looked down at her with an emotionless but chilling stare, and the flames around his face burned, unsettling embers against the dim light.

"M-Mr. Endeavor?" The girl stumbled over his words, unsure of how to address him. He was intimidating, but for some reason, he seemed to be lost in thought as well. Snapping out of his contemplation, the fiery hero looked the girl up and down, causing her to stiffen with discomfort.

"You," He barked. "You're [Name] Aizawa, right? Hm... You seem strong..."

"U-Um, thank you sir!" [Name] said, straightening like a soldier. 

And just like that, my scoliosis is cured.

He walked away muttering something about a 'half hot half cold plasma combination quirk,' and [Name] slightly paled. She didn't feel like sitting around and thinking about what he meant by that, so she tried to get to her waiting room as quick as possible.

"[Name]!"

As three voices calling her name fell to the girl's ears, she turned around, only to be pounced on by a green haired boy.

"Good luck!" Izuku said, smiling brightly and innocently, with a slight pink tinge across his cheeks. The sunlight filtering in through the windows soaked bathed his slightly tan skin in a gorgeous light, making his adorable freckles stand out.

"Ah, she won't need it, right [Name]?" Sero said with a big grin, ruffling the girl's hair. Her attitude immediately brightened.

"However the fight turns out, [Name], just remember you're still amazing!" Kirishima said, giving [Name] a huge, adorable shark-tooth grin.

"Yeah! It's no big deal! We'll just have a quick and simple fight and whoever wins, wins! No hard feelings and no complicated factors!" [Name] said optimistically.

If only it were that easy.

_______

"AIZAWA [NAME]... VERSUS TODOROKI SHOTO!"

Blood rushed through every vein of her body. She couldn't hear anything but the gushing of the crimson liquid through her eardrums, and her pounding heart. She looked across the arena to see a pair of unwavering heterochromatic eyes glaring at her. He was ready, and he wasn't going to hold back on her. 

He wanted to win.

She quickly thought of a strategy in her head. Use plasma to melt his ice, try and get close to him.

"READY..."

She gazed into his eyes. They were usually a calm and beautiful ocean, but right now they were a whirling storm. A thought suddenly hit the (h/c) haired girl.