14: I PROMISE

In which [Name] spills the beans whirl watching Cars 2.

________

[NAME] WAS RUNNING FAST. SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT STREET SHE WAS RUNNING DOWN or where she was going, but her instincts told her to run as far as possible. Her phone vibrated in her pocket, but her senses had gone dull to the world's distractions.

When she finally tired herself out, she found herself on a small field. The gentle rays of sun soaked into [Name]'s (s/c) skin, but she was still as pale as a ghost. Long rows of Sunflowers stood swaying in the gentle breeze. In any other situation, the (h/c) haired girl would have found this scene calming, but now it seemed like she was being mocked.

There was no need for gentle breeze or sunflowers swaying in the wind. There was no need for sunlight soaking into her skin. She was distressed and nauseous. Why wasn't it storming and rainy? It would have fit her mood better.

She blankly stared at the field of flowers in front of her, the words of the news article flashing in her mind.

Although the information is covered, [Name] is said to have had the surname "[L/N]" before she had her name legally changed. Her previous surname links to tragedy incidents in other regions.

It was out. Not completely, but it wasn't long before everyone found out.

What [Name] had thought was in the past, what would never be brought up again-had emerged again. And it was like a dark shadow she couldn't fight against, always catching up to her, always sending a chill through her body, always making her blood run cold.

She remembered her mother's flowing, red hair. She remembered her mother's (e/c) eyes, gazing up at her for the last time. And then, she remembered only seeing black. Black dust swirling around her. Figures rising from the ground with horrific, demon like smiles. Blood, bodies, blood-

[Name] felt a dry and unnatural substance rising in her throat, stinging her flesh.

She clamped her hand around her mouth and choked it back down, feeling extremely panicked as she felt it. This was the first time she had felt it awaken for a long time. She would never be able to suppress it-it was a part of her, as much as she hated it. She wouldn't be able to get rid of it.

What if they found out? Her friends, her classmates-

Would they look at her differently?

[Name] felt tears brimming her eyes.

No, stop. You never cry. Stop being weak.

[Name] furiously wiped at her tears, causing the skin around her beautiful (e/c) eyes to become red and raw.

"[Name], holy shit!"

Said girl looked up to see Shinsou, out of breath and sweaty. It looked like he was genuinely concerned, which was a change from his usual emotionless self. He gently kneeled down on his knees, gently prying the girl's hands from her eyes.

"[Name]... I know you barely know me, but it seems like you're really panicked about this. You can talk to me if you want to." Shinsou said firmly, sternly looking into her eyes.

Maybe it was the comfort of not knowing him as well. Maybe it was the way the warm sunlight hit his face just right in a way that made him look like a true hero. Maybe it was how his sturdy and calloused hands were holding onto her soft wrists.

Whatever pushed her to, [Name] found herself spilling to Shinsou.

"T-they're going to find out about m-me, my friends, everyone-" She hiccuped before continuing.