34: SILVER ON VELVET

In which she, him, and the stars share a moment together.

happy birthday todoroki <3

_______

"WHY DO I HAVE TO GO TO THE PARTY?" [NAME] WHINED, PICKING AT THE IVORY DRESS that adorned her figure. Her father sat next to her in the car, tying up his hair with a sour look on his face.

"Because, after you got... Assulted by that boy, I'm not leaving you alone here." He said curtly, looking at his suit with distaste.

As they say, like father like daughter, and Aizawa was definitely introverted. However, he had to go to this party, because it was formal and important, as much as he'd rather sleep.

And he was dragging [Name] along with him.

"Ah yes, I got kissed by Thanos in the bathroom, not clickbait."

After simply wanting to piss and instead getting a villain's tongue down her throat, [Name] was definitely in a bad mood. Shortly after Bakugo had helped her, the mall had been evacuated. Dazed and slightly sick, [Name] came to know that Izuku had met a villain as well. Specifically, the blue haired one.

She had recovered quickly with Todoroki's and Bakugo's slightly heat based quirks. Aizawa had gotten a basic description of the man that had assaulted his daughter, but was not made aware that the man was a villain.

Finally, the two had reached the large manor at which the party was being held at. Aizawa turned to [Name] and stared her down for a second, trying to be intimidating.

"Now remember [Name], this party is important, so..."

"No being rarted, I know, 😔..." [Name] sighed sadly.

"[Name], you know I love you but you're doing it again."

_______

[Name] sat in the corner of the ballroom, currently being fueled on hors d'oeuvres and broken dreams. There were many important figures at this party, like All Might, Mountain Lady, Nezu, etc. There were also many teenagers, most likely daughters and sons of important figures and pro heroes.

Everyone seemed to know each other. The girl boredly sighed, and to prevent herself from falling asleep on the spot, decided to stand up and take a walk. Her eyes landed on a large balcony leading outside.

As she pushed open the door, a gently night breeze swept the hem of her dress slightly away from their comfortable spot against her thighs. She took a deep breath of the crisp, fresh, air, her lungs filling with oxygen that was previously deprived from her in that stuffy, awkward room.

"[Name]?" A deep voice said.

The girl looked to the side to see a familiar figure, and her heart pounded.

His white suit complimented his unsymmetrical sides, but more so his white one. His multicolored eyes were widened in amazement as he took in the sight of the girl standing in front of him. How the wind swept her hair, tousling those curled (h/c) locks ever so gently. How her dress complimented her body, how her face looked soft in the moonlight.

"Todoroki?" [Name] asked, grinning. "I didn't know you were here! This party is so stupid. I keep requesting Mo Bamba and they refuse to put it on."

"That is unfortunate. My father is here to increase his status, as usual. Sometimes, he reminds me of a high school girl."

"Why is that?" [Name] asked, cocking her head.

"Because, he's a bitchy two faced snake."

"Damn, Todoroki! Give me some ice for that burn."

"Alright, if you insist." The boy shrugged, creating and handing her a literal ass block of ice.

"Bruh moment."

Both teenagers looked upwards at the silvery dots lining the velvet navy curtains of night, silence falling between them.

"Are you recovering fine?" Todoroki asked. Although he seemed calm on the outside, he was absolutely furious that someone had the nerve to try and hurt [Name]. And even worse, he wasn't there to help her. Bakugo had to rush in and be the hero.

"Yeah, thanks for helping me."

"No problem."

Silence again.

"Todoroki, how do you know that you're in love with someone?" [Name] suddenly asked.

The boy widened his eyes and stiffened. He had to choose his words carefully, as this could be the moment of truth. Were you falling for someone?

Was it him?

No, it couldn't be.

"Let's sit down." Todoroki said simply. He gently helped [Name] onto the roof of the penthouse, which was connected to the balcony. The height displayed a breathtaking view of Tokyo.

[Name] felt nervous. Why, when she thought of love, did she think of more than one person? Of so many people together? Was it familial love, friendly love, or romantic love? It was all so confusing.

"Well... I'm not good with feelings, but.. I guess your heart starts beating faster, and you feel butterflies in your stomach... And you can't help but think of them, all the time, like an infection plaguing your mind... They make you feel hopelessly sick, but you still are so deeply infatuated with them." Todoroki said, looking deep into [Name]'s eyes.

"That's not love, that's how I feel after eating 3 Bic Macs. But thanks for trying, Todo."

Todoroki blinked before a ghost of a smile lit up his face. Then, before he was able to stop himself, his hand was running down [Name]'s shoulder gently. It was warm, and the air was cold, so she leaned into his affectionate touch, her face gently against his arm.

"[Name]... If it's not too personal to ask... Who do you think you are in love with?" Todoroki asked, almost afraid to hear the answer.

"I don't know, Todoroki..." [Name] whispered. "I don't know."

Although the boy wasn't satisfied with that answer, he found himself able to enjoy the moment, being close to her, being able to talk to her like an old friend, until she went silent.

Soft, warm breaths against his collarbone caused a chill to run up the red and white haired boy's spine, and he looked to the side to see [Name], leaning on his shoulder, completely knocked out.

As he watched her chest rise and fall for some time, he wrapped his jacket around her shoulders and shifted his gaze to the sparkling stars above them, wondering if they were watching Earth as well, and if they knew how madly in love he was with this girl right beside him.

_______

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴘᴜʙʟɪsʜᴇᴅ: ᴊᴀɴᴜᴀʀʏ 𝟷𝟷, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿

ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ: ---

a super short chapter without lots of funnies because it's my boy's birthday and he deserves some fluff action <3

don't worry about the plot turning too far in todoroki's direction. i may end up deleting this later anyways