Oopsie

About a week after Y/n and Harry had made their pact, Y/n lay by the fire with Dick, Draco and Blaise. However, Y/n decided she needed to stretch her arms, she locked her hands behind her back and brought her arms over head, accidentally letting her sleeves fall to her shoulders.
"What's that?" Draco asked, pointing at the dark mark scar.
"What's what?" Y/n asked, having not noticed her sleeves had fallen. Once she did however, she quickly hid her left arm behind her back so that she could re-adjust her sleeve and make sure it wouldn't fall again.
"Noth'en. Just a scratch." Y/n replied suspiciously quickly.

"Didn't look like nothing to me." Pansy purred as she strutted her way over to the group. She immediately grabbed Y/n's left arm and yanked the sleeve down, gasping at what she saw.
"Eff off Pansy!" Y/n retaliated as she kicked Pansy hard in the shin.
"Ow! I'm telling!"
"Oh yeah sure puggy, cuz we're certainly back at pre-school." Y/n shouted in Pansy's wake as she ran out of the common room and put into the school.

"So what is it?" Dick asked cautiously
"I ain't say'en noth'en 'bout it." Y/n calmly strode out of the common room, heading for her den in the main hall. She snapped her fingers and changed herself into a casual hoodie, jeans and sneakers.

She slumped herself down onto a bean bag and started to listen to her Walkman. She put on a few songs from Elvis, Elton Jhon and sk8r boi to try and lift her spirits. Eventually she just fell asleep on the bean bag and sleepy Theo night away.

Y/n woke up the next day to the loud rustle and chatter of the students entering the main hall for breakfast. Y/n blinked herself down and snapped herself into her uniform. The owl post was already making its way in as Y/n sat in between Dick and Blaise. As students got their subscription to the daily prophet they rustled their way to the juicy stories. Suddenly, some of them where whispering to their neighbour's, others shot Y/n scared looks. Draco's subscription arrived and he opened it and filled through, doing the same as the other students.

His brow furrowed as he had clearly found a confusing story. He then poked his head up from the paper and looked at Y/n with worry written all over his face.
"Is it true Y/n? You have the dark mark?" Y/n looked at him confused
"What are you talking about? Where did you read that? Let me see!" Y/n grabbed the paper from Draco and read the headline of the page he was on.
"Y/n Potter's betrayal!" The picture next to it was a different death eater's tattoo. Y/n's face went as white as a sheet.
"Well? Is it?" Draco preyed. Y/n didn't stop staring at the same spot in front of her as she rolled up her left sleeve to show the group her scar. No point in hiding what they already know is it? Students around the Slytherin table gasped and started to gather round and gossip about potential stories that they thought tied with Y/n dark mark scar. Y/n just stood up blankly and made her way over to the Gryffindor table.

"Did you spill?" She asked Harry cautiously
"No! Of corse not!" Harry replied offended
"So it's true?" Ron asked to which Y/n just nodded. She proceeded to walk out of the hall, not even attempting breakfast and closely followed by Pipsqueak.

"Bripchet!"
"Yeah, figures. Pansy never really did like me much huh?"
"Chirp!" Pipsqueak buzzed around Y/n's head to make her laugh and seceding, earning herself a scratch on the chin to which she purred. Y/n heard someone clear their throat behind her, she turned round to find Dumbledore standing calmly behind her.

"Miss Potter, there is someone I would like you to meet. Come with me." With that, he strode off towards his office. Y/n made no objections and followed closely behind, Pipsqueak trotting next to her as a large dog. He said the password and the gargoyles leaped our of the way. The classic moving staircase greeted them and they stepped on, making their short way up to Dumbledore's office.

When they got up there, there was a tall, dark haired man in jeans and a red hoodie with "Nix no1" on the back ,looking longingly out of the window.
"Charlie! I would like you to meet Miss Potter. Y/n, this is Charlie, Charlie Riddle." The man turned around and looked like a spitting image of the dark lord in his younger days, except that he seemed to have a joyous little twinkle in his eyes that gave him a look of childlike wonder.

"Hey." He said in a smooth American accent. He held out his hand for Y/n to shake, but she was reluctant.
"Where's your family from?" She asked cautiously, her brain bracing itself for fight or flight mode.
"Well, you would know my brother, you-know-who. I'm his clone little brother. He made me so I could continue his legacy. Let's just say it hasn't worked." He laughed a bit which put Y/n at ease.
"Your probably wondering why I have an American accent." Y/n nodded her head to confirm "Well, after I left school here, I did the only logical thing I could think of. Didn't want to be my brother. Moved to New York and started a life in theatre from there. It was going pretty well from then on too."

"You went to school here?"
"Yup, same year as your parents actually. Fairly good friends of your dad's too. I could hang around with any  group when I was at school." He held out his hand for Y/n to shake again and she high fives it like she used to as she could tell that Charlie could handle a lot of laughs.

"Now I would like you to keep in mind Charlie that Y/n is not just a new friend for you. You are to accompany her in lessons and keep her mind as active as possible." Dumbledore started, raising and eyebrow at Charlie.
"Why is this?" Y/n asked, confused about the situation

"Charlie, if you would be so kind." Dumbledore coolly asked Charlie and Charlie rolled up his left sleeve to reveal a full dark mark.
"When Dumbledore found out about the news, he thought you needed someone to relate to to lead you down the right path. Tells me my brother wants you because you have a cool kind of magic. Care to demonstrate?" Y/n complied with Charlie's request and snapped her fingers making a can of cola appear in her hand.
"Nifty." Charlie started, clearly impressed.

"Well, the two of you ought to get to lesson. And Y/n," Y/n and Charlie has started to make their way towards the door, then Y/n turned around when she heard her name. "The school can be  persuaded that your dark mark means nothing. Just tell them the true story. Oh, and the minister wanted me to give you this." Dumbledore withdrew a neatly wrapped green box from his robes and handed it to Y/n who unwrapped it eagerly. It was a small little velvet box, when she opened it, there was a medal. The medal was silver and had the words "Order Of Merlin First Class".
"He thought you deserved it for risking your life for those muggle families at the World Cup. And I'm sure you would be pleased to know that the ministry believes you." He winked at Y/n and she happily bounded out of the room towards her first lesson with Charlie close on her heels.