In the dark

Y/n and Harry had been sitting in their room for days now, their source of food being Y/n bringing whatever they wanted into existence. Harry was getting more and more mad about his friends not telling him things, but he didn't even know the half of the isolation his sister was going through. Dick's mother had been bailed out of Azkaban and had discharged him from st Mungo's a week before they all left for school. She had decided to take him to Russia to make him do tours around the world instead of letting him go to school. Dick had only been able to sent Y/n one thing over the summer, a few pictures of him looking annoyed in different costumes his mother had made him wear. One was him as a cowboy, the only one where he looked mildly pleased, another was him as a pirate and the last was him in a coat and tails as a British aristocrat.

Y/n had however received a letter a day from Draco. They were all flirty letters though, him trying to seduce Y/n into being his girlfriend. He had sent her many boxes of chocolates, a bunch of vented candles and a plushie of a platypus. Y/n did like the quirkiness of the toy he'd sent, she had slept with it so far through summer and felt warm when she held it close.

She and Harry had been bored all summer. That is until the auroras came to their house at number four privet drive. Y/n went upstairs to get the things she would need for school with Harry. Tonks had waved her wand and packed all of their things somewhat neatly in their cases, Y/n swung her guitar over her shoulder and grabbed her skateboard.
"Wow! I heard you had one of those, didn't know it was true!" Tonks exclaimed as she looked at Y/n's skateboard in awe.
"I can show you if you like." Y/n told her.
"Yeah! You can use it to follow us to your destination!" Tonks said proudly. Y/n and Harry then lugged their cases downstairs and Moody cast an invisibility charm on Harry. He didn't bother with Y/n because he considered her more of a threat than a friend.

Lupin then came over to Y/n and whispered in her ear.
"Fly your case to Grimald Place. Moody has insisted on you being blindfolded for the flight because of your ties with you-know-who. Hope you don't mind."
"Not at all! It'll be a challenge to get somewhere I don't know blindfolded! What could possibly go wrong?" Y/n said with obvious sarcasm. Lupin just ignored her comment and Y/n waved her hand and sent her case to Grimald Place. She then followed everyone else outside and put on the blindfold she was given, with the help of Pipsqueak. She put her skateboard on the pavement and prepared for a blind takeoff.

They were soon in the sky and Y/n strained her ears to find the clicking noise that Pipsqueak had started to make to guide her.
"So, where are we going?" Y/n called, but no one answered. "Um, guys, I'm kind of in the dark here. Mentally and physically."
"We're meeting with Sirius." Lupin called back.
"Brrrripretchet!" Pipsqueak squealed as she wizzed behind Y/n's head and undid the blindfold. Y/n could see all of the London lights like twinkling stars of pollution just below her board.
"What? What is it girl?" She asked Pipsqueak while laughing
"Bripchet bree! Bripchet bree!"
"Sweet! Imma follow you then!" With that, Y/n followed Pipsqueak into the night sky and was soon lost from sight by the retrieval squad.

"Should someone go with her?" Tonks asked the group as a whole.
"No. She knows where to go. She trusts that morph just as much as Sirius did, if not more." Lupin chuckled as the group flew on.

Y/n was racing Pipsqueak, who was weaving in and out of lap posts and in and out of the river Thames. By the end of it, Y/n was drenched from head to toe and landed with a satisfying slosh outside the houses on Grimald place. She waited there for a few moments until she saw the retrieval squad swooping into view. When she saw them, she snapped her fingers and she was no longer soaked and rather looked like nothing had ever happened. Y/n then spotted her luggage a little way up the road and skated over to retrieve it. Once there, she put her skateboard on her back and hopped on the top of her suitcase, Pipsqueak started to push her along the pavement until they reached the spot where the squad landed.

"Wocher Y/n? That was some pretty amazing flying you did back there." Tonks told Y/n when they landed
"Why thank you." Y/n said with a theatrical bow. When she turned back round, a whole new building had appeared and the group seemed to be walking into it. Y/n followed them and was greeted by a warm hug from Mrs Weasley.

"Do be quiet in this hallway dear. Let me show the two of you to your room's" she said as she guided Harry and Y/n up the stairs. The rest of the group made their way into the kitchen. Harry was sharing a room with Ron and Y/n was sharing with Hermione and Ginny just a little way up the hall. She quickly made herself at home, not that that was hard, and started to listen to a few of her own mixtapes she had made. Eventually, she heard yelling from down the hall and went to go and investigate.

She walked into her brother's room to find him yelling at his two best friends about why they didn't tell him anything over the summer.
"Yo bro! Chill! They didn't do nothing wrong. They were told not to tell by Dumbledore himself not to tell, and they stuck by that. So do t go yelling at them for all that drab." Y/n told her brother definitely
"Easy for you to say! You've been getting letters all summer!" Harry retaliated
"And what makes you think they were about actual events, huh? Draco doesn't say anything interesting and Dick was just telling me what was going on. So go stick your finger where the sun don't shine honey, cuz I have been just as in the dark as you." Y/n said with an air of sass. Harry just looked at her with a look of utmost loathing.

"I suppose so yeah. But at least I'm not a child." Y/n looked as if she had just been let down by her hero.
"At least I tried to have a good childhood Harry. At least I don't sulk around everywhere reeking of misery wherever I go. At least I know how to actually have fun. At least I appreciate those who care about me and don't yell at them when I get mad. There's a reason my nickname is the better Potter." And with that, Y/n walked out of the room and up towards the attic, where she found buckbeak, and stayed there for the remainder of the evening, skipping dinner.