Why hello there muggle

"Well this is probably the first place we should go." Harry told (y/n) as they looked up at the wizarding tailors. As they walked in, (y/n) saw all kinds of vibrant colours of silk, tartan and cotton.

"Hogwarts dears?"A plump little lady dressed in mauve asked. (Y/n) nodded as she was guided onto a stool next to a blonde boy with a pointed face. Her brother stood on a stool on the other side of the boy. (Y/n)'s vision then went black as her robes were fitted over her head, a man then came along and started to pod the robes in the right places.

"Hullo" The pointed face boy said as he looked at the two in turn. "Hogwarts too?" He asked
"Yes" (y/n) and Harry said in unison
"My Father's next door buying books and my mother's down the road looking at wands." Said the boy in a bored tone. "Then I'm going to drag them to look at the racing brooms. I don't see why first years can't have their own. I think I might bully father into buying me one and I'll smuggle it in somehow." The boy said as if trying to impress someone.

(Y/n) wasn't quick to judge anyone as she thought that you can't label someone until you really know them. The same went for this boy. Yes he seemed quite uptight and up his own arse, but first impressions aren't everything.

"Do you have your own broom?" The boy went on, talking to Harry rather than (y/n).
"No" Harry told him
"Play quidditch at all?" The boy asked
"No" Harry said once more. (Y/n) wondered what quidditch could be. A sport? Game? Cards? She was very confused about her new world.

"I do- father says it would be a crime if I'm not picked to play for my house, and I must say, I agree. Know what houses you'll be in?" The boy asked, finally looking at (y/n) again. But all (y/n) could think of was how sweet it would be if she beat this boy at his own game of quidditch. An evil smirk plastered her face at the thought. Harry then thought for the both of them as (y/n) went on daydreaming.
"No"
"Well, no one really knows until they get there ,do they, but I know I'll be Slytherin, all our family have been- imagine being in Hufflepuff, I think I would leave, wouldn't you?"
"Mmm" Harry said. (Y/n) just carried on daydreaming like she always did until the blonde caught her attention again.

"I say, look at that man!" The boy said as he nodded to the window where Hagrid was standing, somehow holding three ice creams and showing he couldn't come in.
"That's Hagrid." Harry told him "he works at Hogwarts."
"Oh." The boy started "I've heard of him. He's sort of a servant isn't he?"
"He's the gamekeeper." (Y/n) started to feel her face heat up. She knew her morals, but no one should talk down to people like that when they don't even know them. She felt her fist clench.

"Yes, exactly. I heard he's a sort of savage- lives in a hut in the school grounds and every now and then gets drunk, tries to do magic and ends up setting fire to his bed."
" I think he's brilliant." Harry said coldly
"Besides, what would make you so sure?" (Y/n) finally pipped up. Draco looked at her in surprise, having heard her single voice for the first time. But he ignored her completely and continued his conversation with her brother.
"Do you?" The boy sneered "Why, is he with the two of you? Where are your parents?"
"Dead." Harry answered flatly.
"Oh, Sorry." Said the boy as if he wasn't sorry at all. "But they were our kind weren't they?"
"They were a witch and a wizard if that's what you mean." Harry told him cooly
"I really don't think they should let any other sort in, do you? They're just not the same, they've never been brought up to know our ways. Some of them have never heard of Hogwarts until they've gotten their letter, imagine. I think they should keep it in the old wizarding families. What's your surname anyway?" The boy had finally finished, but before (y/n) could even think of answering, the man told her he was done and that she could go.

(Y/n) thanked the man, and then went up to the boy to face him.
"Me and my brother will tell you at school I suppose. I gather that's not too much to ask from a boy if your pure background." (Y/n) smiled sweetly and skipped out of the tailors with her brother in tow and the boy's eyes following her in amazement.

"What's up?" Hagrid asked the two of them as he handed Harry a chocolate and raspberry ice cream with chopped nuts and (y/n) a (I/c/f) (ice cream flavour)
"Nothing" Harry answered for the two of them.
*************************************time skip to Olivanders brought to you by Hedwig
*************************************Harry had just been given his want by the mister Olivander and it was now (y/n)'s turn. It took about four attempts before they got the right one.
A/n: you can change the wand if you want. It doesn't affect my life.
(Y/n)'s new wand was an eleven inch fir Phoenix feather core, which was described to her as surprisingly swishy and flexible. (Y/n) smiled as she had gotten a similar wand to her brother, and yes maybe the dark lord too, but she was willing to overlook that tiny little fact.

As they walked out of the shop, they saw Hagrid holding a cage with a beautiful snowy owl inside.
"Happy birthday you two!" Hagrid beamed
"Is that for us?" (Y/n) asked
"Corse she is! She's for the two of you to share!" Harry had the biggest smile on his face. He was officially getting his first real birthday present.
"You can take her Harry. I'm sure I'll find some sort of critter to call my own. Besides, the walkman's enough for me." (Y/n) put her arm over her brothers shoulder and he ruffled her hair
"Thanks (y/n)." Harry then took the owl off of Hagrid and they went back to off towards the train station having gotten all of their school supplies.