First, the first chapter (take 2)

From what I gather, you have now come to terms with knowing the main character of this story as your own name or any name you wish to come up with, and you are still more than welcome to do so. But this is a story I've been trying to write properly for almost six or so years now and I happen to love the name Charlotte so that's what we're sticking with 🫡
Charlotte Potter was an 11 year old girl born into a fairly well known family, known mostly for their popularity and skill at quidditch. Charlotte had her mothers eyes just like her brother and her hair was a lighter shade than her mother. Her hair went just past her shoulders but she often wore it half up half down in a braid. Charlotte had a twin brother named Harry who was a total of ten minutes older than her and wouldn't soon forget it. Was she particularly happy in this family though? On the outside it looked as though she had everything, money, fame, family, but in actuality Charlotte was forgotten. As most middle children can relate, her parents hardly noticed she was there. Her brother had shown slight talent in broom flying from the young age of three and has been coddled and praised for it ever since. Charlotte had tried flying on her own training broom (a broom that was a hand-me-down from her brother) but could never quite get the balance right.

All things considered though, Charlotte had learnt not to care about the neglect she got from her parents. Instead she had the outlet of her best friends Noah and Sammy, the son and daughter off Moony and Padfoot. She was lucky to live so close as they were only a few minutes down the road and Charlotte had the rout memorised since she was four.

Noah and Sammy were siblings too, though weirdly were born in the same year. You see, Sirius and Remus had both tried for surrogacy in secret from each other so as to surprise the other when the baby had arrived. Little did they know that both children ended up being born only a month apart, Sammy being the eldest. Noah and Sammy were also animagi due to their father Remus's condition of being a werewolf, Noah takes the same form as his genetic father Sirius while his older sister is a brown fur fox. One more thing about Sammy, she's been a mute her whole life and could never even cry as a child. Apparently her surrogate mother didn't take particularly good care of her while pregnant and the result ended up with Sammy having damaged vocal cords.

Charlotte considered Noah and Sammy family at the end of the day and preferred the company of them and her uncles to her own family. Regardless, she wasn't going to feel as out of place for long since today was the day her and her brother were to be enrolled at Hogwarts. Her parents gushed over her brother and spared no expense when it came to his school supplies and even gifted him his own snowy owl. Charlotte did get an owl herself, but her parents opted for the cheaper of the large owl range and gave her a small, shaggy barn owl she named Binx.

That train blared its final whistle as it started to depart and all first years had their heads out the window to wave goodbye to their parents, Charlotte opted to try and find her and her friends some seats. Eventually, she found an empty compartment and made herself at home. Once Noah and Sammy had joined her, they were quickly visited by a blonde hair boy who seemed to be trying to make connections with as many people as he could before they arrived.
'My names Malfoy, Draco Malfoy, and you are?' The boy introduced himself
'I'm Charlotte Potter and this is Noah and Sammy Lupin-Black.'
'What house are you lot hoping to be sorted into? I'm certain I'll be Slytherin, both my mother and father are.'
'Both our dads where in Griffindor, but I'll most likely go wherever Charlotte ends up. I'm not too fussed about the whole house sorting stuff.'
'And what about her?' Draco gestured at Sammy who was happily looking out the window with her headphones in.
'She's mute.' Charlotte answered for her.
'Hm. And what about you?' He asked Charlotte
'My mum and dad are in Gryffindor, but I love to live out of spite, so I'll gladly be in whatever house I know they won't like.' Charlotte remarked
'But of a rebel then? And I feel like I've seen you before. Do you have a sibling on the train?'
'Yeah, my brother Harry. He's going to be the proudest Gryffindor pain in my ass.'
'Right, well I look forward to speaking to you when we arrive.' He nodded to the compartment as a whole and left.
'Well he seemed nice.' Noah smiled once he left and he and Charlotte proceeded to talk the rest of the journey.