Chapter 20

Stefan and I heard the door slam.

"Damon's home." I say. He does not sound happy. "I'm gonna see what's up with him."

"I'll be listening. If anything bad happens I'll be there."

"Thanks, but he won't hurt me."

"Don't underestimate him."

"I'll be fine. If I scream then you can come get me." I headed towards the living room not seeing him. I jogged up the stairs and checked in his room. He was drinking a bottle of bourbon. He was pacing around the room with a pissed face.

"Damon. What's up?" I leaned against the doorway."

"I don't wanna talk about it." he said through his teeth.

"Well keeping it inside and drinking isn't gonna help. Tell me, please."

He stopped and looked at me. "Why are you bothering me?"

I stood up straight. "Damon, Im trying to be a nice person. I don't like seeing you like this."

"Well stop trying. This isn't anything new to me. I'm always angry and drinking only helps. So go do something else."

Why does he always push me away? I don't like seeing him like this. I wanna help. I sat on his bed and watched him.

"If you don't get out, I will kill you."

"Kill me then. I'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong."

He grabbed and pushed my back to his chest.

"I will kill you." he spit through his teeth.

"Do it. Maybe it will help with the anger." I closed my eyes waiting for him to make a move.

I could feel his breath on my neck. "C'mon Damon. Do it." I encouraged. I felt as his teeth touched my skin. He slowly started pushing his teeth into my skin. He stopped then pushed me away. I turned around to see his veins and fangs out. He stared at me with his red eyes.

"Why didn't do it?" I ask.

"Because. I didn't have the strength. You wanna know. Then fine. I admitted to Elena that no,I didn't know Jeremy had the ring on. She told me that I had lost her forever. She has more in common with Katherine than just looks."

"Damon you can come to me with these things. I'm your drinking buddy. You can tell me anything any time. Alright?"

He just looked at me. "I don't need anyone to talk to. I'm just fine the way I am."

I sighed. "Ok fine." I walked to my room and laid in bed.

He's never gonna be ok. He's not fine. He needs someone who he can trust. A friend. Every time I try he just pushes me away or tried to scare me. Something about him I like, but there's something about him that I don't like. Maybe it's his arrogance. I don't know, but I don't wanna talk about it anymore. I wanna enjoy my sleep.

~The Next Morning~

I woke up with the sun shinning in my face. I get up from bed and close the curtains. I went to lay back in bed but I heard noises downstairs. Stupid, curious me, went downstairs to check it out.

I looked around and saw the basement door open. I heard a girl scream and it sounded like Elena. I ran down there seeing Stefan and Katherine.

"What's going on?" I say.

"Katherine was in my room messing with my head." Stefan says.

"Sounds like Katherine." I say.

"Shutup Emily. You don't know me." Katherine spits.