Chapter 16

Today was another one of those Founders Day celebrations. Stefan and Elena dressed up for the float that everyone's been working on. Damon and I went to the school and we saw Stefan.

"Hey, Stefan." I say.

"Hey, Em." I hugged him.

"I'm here to eat cotton candy and steal your girl." Damon teases Stefan. I hit his arm playfully.

Just then Elena approaches us in this gold dress that looks like one of those dresses from back in the day. "You look really good, Elena." I say.

"Thank you."

" Elena I need to speak with you." Stefan says. "John is your father."

"What? I hope that's not true. Should I confront him? I'll handle that later, but Jeremy read my journal and found out that I've been lying to him. He's going through a really hard time."

A boy with brown hair and brown eyes walked by and Elena tried to get his attention. "Is that her brother, Jeremy?" I ask.

"Yeah." Stefan answers.

Jeremy walks away from Elena and she sighs. "He won't forgive me."

"He's gonna have to sooner or later. Your siblings." I say.

"Yeah. I guess." Elena responds. "We have to get going, Stefan. They're gonna start soon."

Stefan and Elena leave and Damon and I go into the crowd. We stand by Bonnie.

"Hey, Bonnie." I say.

"Hi."

"Thanks for deactivating the invention that John now has." Bonnie just nods and smiles.

We watch the parade and soon it starts to get dark. After the parade, we all go to the grill. Elena and Stefan changed into normal clothes. Elena approached Jeremy.

"Jer, I'm sorry that I lied. Is there anything I can do to make it up?" Elena asks.

"You can leave me alone." he answers coldly leaving the grill.

Later that night, there was a fair going on. Anna came up to Damon and I. "The vampires are planning tonight after the fireworks. They want the Founding Families dead."

"John has the device, but it was deactivated. I'm gonna get Alaric."

"I'm gonna find Jeremy." Elena says leaving with Stefan following.

I followed Damon and we found Alaric. "Gather the weapons. We have some tomb vampires to kill."

Alaric goes to his car and grabs stakes and darts. "What can I help with?" I ask.

"You can't help. It's too dangerous. Especially for a human." Alaric answers.

"Your human."

"Yeah, but I have a ring. If I die; I come back to life. Just stay close to me and Damon, alright?" I nod.

Alaric closes his car and we head back to the fair. The Mayor announces the fireworks and that was Alaric's cue. He looked around. I suddenly felt arms grab me and pull me to their body with a right grip.

"Don't scream." he compelled.

I did as told and the vampires veins and fangs popped out. The vampire pulled my head to the side.

"Emily!" I hear behind me. Another pair of arms pull me away from the vampire and the vampire clutches his head. He was yelling in pain. I look up to see Alaric confused. Police men vervained him and took him away. One thought popped in my head.