Castiel #4 pt.1

You woke up in a cold bed. Every morning you would turn over, hoping that one day he'd be lying next to you. But today wasn't that day. You sighed and dragged yourself out of bed.

Why am I even getting up? Oh yeah, I stink. Well who cares about hygiene? Actually, I do, I should probably shower.

You walked into the bathroom, dragging your feet. You were depressed. No doubt about it. But who wouldn't be if their boyfriend went missing and was assumed dead. You had every right to be depressed.

You looked at yourself in the mirror. Your hair was a mess, your eyes were black from sleep deprivation. Why am I showering? Today's no different. You thought as you were about to leave the room. Oh,  Sam and Dean threatened me, didn't they. Said if I didn't at least take a shower that there were going to be consequences. Why do they have to worry about me?

You climbed into the shower and stayed in there for quite a while. Finally, the water started to run cold,so you got out and got dressed. You threw on some sweat pants, a baggy top, and Cas' socks. It wasn't a big thing, but it was nice to have something of his there.

You went into the kitchen and grabbed a single slice of plain toast, slowly ripping pieces off and eating them.

"Good, you're eating!" Sam smiled and sat next to you, you nodded and looked away. "Look, (Y/N), we all miss him. But no one said that he's definitely dead." He tried to reassure you.

"Then why hasn't he came back? He could have at least told me he was okay." You mumbled through a mouth full of toast.

"Maybe he was waiting for a special occasion?" Sam questioned,  "Like your birthday!" He smiled.

"When's that?" You asked, not able to remember your own birthday.

"Today, (Y/N)!" He grinned and passed you a card and a present.

"Sam..." You sighed, "You didn't have to."

"I wanted to!" He smiled and gestured for you to open it.

The card was a regular card, and the present was the last ever 'Supernatural' book by Carver Edlund,  the only one you didn't have.  "Thank you so much, Sam!" You smiled, which was rare since Cas went missing. "No problem!"

But it wasn't the same without Cas.